Less Expensive Sanitation Facilities - constructing a compost toilet in Nigeria

• Uc
    Topic Author

Re: Less Expensive Sanitation Facilities

Thanks alot for you response.

Please find attached my email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
You need to login to reply
  • muench
  • Moderator of this Forum; Freelance consultant and Wikipedian (former roles: program manager, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Dear Alisa,

Thanks for your forum post. Would it be possible to share your information directly here rather than circulating it by e-mail? Or is there a confidentiality issue? I am just wondering. You had written:

We specialize in container-based toilet systems ( and compost the excreta), and Fosa Alterna systems. If you pm me your email, I can send you some documents.

In general, I try to keep as much of the conversation online in the open area and not move to separate e-mail discussions unless it's necessary for some reason.

By the way, for everyone's information: You don't need to ask for other's e-mail addresses but can just contact anyone by using the contact button to the left of their post (visible when you are logged in). This is an internal messaging service for the forum users.

Kind regards,
Elisabeth

Community manager and chief moderator of this forum
funded via SEI project until January 2019 ( www.susana.org/en/resources/projects/details/127 )

Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Independent consultant located in Brisbane, Australia
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Twitter: @EvMuench
Sanitation Wikipedia project leader: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Sanitation
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
  • muench
  • Moderator of this Forum; Freelance consultant and Wikipedian (former roles: program manager, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Ross wrote:

I do believe that a lot of the opposition to UD Pedestals comes from cultural differences as it is difficult to make a squat pan function to divert urine.

I don't think this is true. There are plenty of urine diversion squatting toilets installed and functioning, for example in India.
Many of the discussion threads here deal with urine diversion squatting toilets:
forum.susana.org/uddts-for-particular-si...iverting-dry-toilets

For example, see this thread:
5000 UDDT toilets in India (GroSan by NGO Sanitation First)
forum.susana.org/170-shared-toilets-comm...ngo-sanitation-first

But I agree that you need to make a careful assessment whether a urine diversion system is likely to work in a given context or not. It does have a number of advantages but many people are put off by the higher requirements for user cooperation.

Regards,
Elisabeth

Community manager and chief moderator of this forum
funded via SEI project until January 2019 ( www.susana.org/en/resources/projects/details/127 )

Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Independent consultant located in Brisbane, Australia
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Twitter: @EvMuench
Sanitation Wikipedia project leader: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Sanitation
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.929 seconds