Ideas for a better icon for our 7th forum category on "Working groups and regional chapters"?

Page selection:
  • Hans Christian Dworak
  • Intern SuSanA Secretariat

Re: Ideas for a better icon for our 7th forum category on "Working groups and regional chapters"?

Thank you Paresh for your suggestion!

You are right that the image with four people around a table shows more of a teamwork aspect.
However the 3D illustration does not really blend in with the existing forum icons.

Finally it was decided to use an adapted version of the logo from above.

I hope everybody is fine with the new icon!

In case anyone is still seeing the old forum icon, then it should help to delete the cache from your browser.
Here you can find a step by step guide for refreshing the cache of different browsers: www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/

Best regards,
Christian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • paresh
  • Budding WASH researcher, especially interested in governance, public policy, finance, politics and social justice. Architect, Urban & Regional planner by training, Ex. C-WAS, India. I am a patient person :)

Re: Ideas for a better icon for our 7th forum category on "Working groups and regional chapters"?

Hi Christian and Elisabeth.
I don't know if it is already too late, but have an attached suggestion

In this image, the group is working together, that is the only advantage.

Raegards
paresh
Paresh Chhajed-Picha
Researcher at Indian Institute of Technology - Bombay, India
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Twitter: @Sparsh85
Wikipedia: Sparsh85

Co-moderator of this discussion forum
Attachments:
The following user(s) like this post: AjitSeshadri

• Elisabeth
    Topic Author
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

I like your icon suggestion, Christian. It's plain and simple but with some good messages. Three people symbolises a group and they are neither male nor female. And they work at a global (or regional) level.

If nobody else has better suggestions for the icon of this category, then I think we will implement Christian's suggestion. Last chance to come up with something better...? I am rushing it a bit because the SuSanA meeting is coming up (this weekend) and it would be nice to have good icons for this category and the new yellow category by then.
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• Hans Christian Dworak
  • Intern SuSanA Secretariat

Hi everyone!

Elisabeth thank you for starting this topic.
I just came up with two versions of a simple icon (please find them in the attachment below). Since the icons of the other forum categories are also made up of two or more graphics, I think it would fit into the scheme. The people look “gender neutral” and I think the world is a good symbol to reflect the geographical component of the regional chapters.

Looking forward to your comments and please feel free to adapt the icon if you have any ideas for improvements!

Best regards,
Christian

Attachments:

• Elisabeth
    Topic Author
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Ideas for a better icon for our 7th forum category on "Working groups and regional chapters"?

Dear SuSanA community,
This is a joint post by myself and the SuSanA secretariat:

We are continuously trying to reflect our work to avoid every form of exclusion. One point that was brought to our attention is the current icon for the Forum category of our Working Groups and Regional Chapters (the dark blue icon, the 7th forum category at the top right). Since the shoulders of the figures on this icon are portrayed rather broad, there is the possibility to assume that only men are portrayed here which would go against the spirit of diversity and inclusion:

Therefore, we want to change this icon for a more inclusive one. We have been looking through databases that provide free to use icons but haven't really found anything yet (two options are given below but they are both not that inspiring either).

or:

We don’t want to make a top-down decision without consultation and we are finding it difficult to choose one: That’s why we are now asking for your feedback on this icon. Feel free to state your opinion on these two options or suggest better icons (they have to be freely licensed or easily adaptable).

Websites that can provide ideas are:
iconmonstr.com/
www.flaticon.com/

One suggestion that came from Elizabeth Wamera at WSSCC was:
We could turn the “camera” to only have images of a round table and people around it as one big circle and smaller circles to represent “people” and not males or females…. Just a thought from the top of my head…

Kind regards,
Elisabeth & Franziska
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/
Attachments:

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.412 seconds