BIOCOMPOSTING OF SLAUGHTER HOUSE WASTE USING BLACK SODIER FLY

Page selection:
  • najeebyunusa
  • Hello there! I am Najeeb Yunusa Hassan, the founder of Vertical Farm Ventures Ltd, we are driven to produce & accessibility of clean & nutritious food sustainably in urban environments - maximizing yield while limiting our use of Resources. Have a background in mechanical engineering, additive manufacturing and Agribusiness.

Re: BIOCOMPOSTING OF SLAUGHTER HOUSE WASTE USING BLACK SODIER FLY

Dear Chaiwe, 

Hope this meets you well. 

Currently we are producing organic compost fertilizer using dung from the slaughter house, in Kano city of Nigeria. 

We would love if you would be a mentor to our project. 

We look forward to here from you. 

Thank you!
Najeeb Yunusa H.
Co-founder
Vertical Farm Ventures Ltd
Mobile: (+234) 806-5899-872
wa.me/2348020688621

The following user(s) like this post: Dannis, Chaiwe

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Wolase

Bonjour. Vous pouvez vous inscrire aux MOOC de EAWAGS suivants : "Gestion de déchets solides" et "Gestion des boues de vidange" Le premier MOOC traite du biocompostage par les Blacks Soldiers, de la technique, de sa mise en œuvre. Les cours sont disponibles sur Coursera aussi

Note: Text translated using Deepl and added by moderator (PCP)
Hello. You can register for the following EAWAGS MOOCs: "Solid Waste Management" and "Faecal Sludge Management" The first MOOC deals with biocomposting by Blacks Soldiers, the technique, its implementation. The courses are also available on Coursera
The following user(s) like this post: Dannis

• Chaiwe
  • Innovation enthusiast and Knowledge Management Expert in WASH and Climate Change while cross-cutting Youth and Gender Issues. CEO of CaDev_Capacity Development (An African Social Enterprise)

Dear Dannis,

I looked up some articles online on the subject. I hope they will be of use to you.

In this article, there are alternatives of treating slaughterhouse waste. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3622235

In another study, in-vessel composting was investigated using sawdust as compost. The results of the investigations enabled one to prove the usefulness of the in-vessel composting method for utilizing bio-degradable solid waste. acadpubl.eu/hub/2018-119-12/articles/4/840.pdf

An insight is given into a composting facility here www.ecomena.org/composting-costs. Salman Zafar is the author of this interesting article, he can be reached at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Additionally, in Kenya, a firm is engineering solutions to optimize Black Soldier Fly production in the treatment of Onsite Sanitation waste: read more here www.sanergy.com/2021/01/29/axa-im-alts-l...ent-round-in-sanergy

Having looked at the above articles, I am curious to hear from you the reasons for your preferences for the Black Soldier Fly method? Why I ask this is that in the case of Faecal Sludge treatment, the end result is that the soldier fly larvae can be harvested as a source of protein for animal feed... would this be the reason? Or are there other benefits that outweigh other treatment options?

Regards,
Chaiwe 
SuSanA Forum Moderator
Skat Foundation (With financial support by GIZ and SIRWASH up to November 2023)

Chaiwe Mushauko-Sanderse BSc. NRM, MPH
Independent consultant located in Lusaka, Zambia
Emails: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/chaiwe-mushauko-sanderse-21709129/
Twitter: @ChaiweSanderse

The following user(s) like this post: najeebyunusa

• Dannis
  • Topic Author

The proposal will be implemented on a 0.23Ha parcel and the intension is to help in management of the slaughter waste( preferably cattle rumen content).the slaughterhouse handles about 25 animal per day. Currently the slaughterhouse uses evaporation ponds/lagoon to managed these waste however these lagoons does not effectively offer the desired solution.It on this that we have put forth a proposal to seek alternative technology through bio composing using BSF

• DestinyAfrica

Thats possible but more detais from you would be desired for appropriate advice. Get in touch.
George
The following user(s) like this post: Chaiwe

• Dannis
  • Topic Author

BIOCOMPOSTING OF SLAUGHTER HOUSE WASTE USING BLACK SODIER FLY

I would like set up a  Biocomposting  waste management  unit for a slaughter  in Kisumu rural in Kenya, therefore  I  need assistances in  coming up with the design for the BIO COMPOST.I would really welcome ideas
The following user(s) like this post: DestinyAfrica

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds