How to subscribe to multiple threads...

Page selection:
  • ennoschroeder

Re: How to subscribe to multiple threads...

Dear all,

as there has been some misinformation here I would just like to clarify this point:

The Kunena version (forum software) we are using does not allow subscription of an entire category. However it does allow subscribing to sub-categories, as shown in the screenshot below.

The image was edited on 28 June, 2017

Have a nice evening and all the best!
Enno
(in support of the secretariat)
Enno Schroeder
Freelance consultant
Hamburg, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Member of SuSanA (www.susana.org)
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • dorothee.spuhler
    Topic Author
  • Developing methods and tools to support strategic planning for sustainable sanitation. Particular interested in novel technologies contributing to more inclusive and circular sanitation. Co-Lead of WG1

I do agree with Elisabeth, it is very important that people can subscribe to ENTIRE CATEGORIES. Personally, I would not mind to receive an e-mail alert for each and every posting – and one can still redirect all these e-mails automatically with any mail programme to a separate folder (for instance I am doing so for the alerts I get now and also for all the ecosanres e-mails...)
Greetings, Dorothee
WG1 Co-lead
Developing methods and tools to support strategic planning for sustainable sanitation. Particular interested in novel technologies contributing to more inclusive and circular sanitation. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Having been in a place with slow internet for the last few days, I have realised we need to do more to optimise the forum for people with slow access:
We should take out anything that chews up download time (like, probably the photo at the top).
And we should make it easier for people who like to combine the online forum use with off-line e-mails.

The subscribing function is really important: once you have subscribed to a thread, you will get an e-mail if someone has posted under this thread (very important: the subscribe tick bock only becomes visible once you have logged in!).

But I have realised that so far, one cannot subscribe to an entire category. I thought I had done so, but when a NEW posting was made in this category, I did not get an e-mail alert.

These e-mail alerts are very important for people who have slow internet access and who do not want to check the forum daily to see if there were new posts.

So the question is whether we should include a button (e.g. via Feedburner) where people can leave only their e-mail address and then receive each and any posting (i.e. replies but also new postings) to their e-mail account. Maybe this would be a simple solution? Or?

Or any suggestions from others?

One thing is unavoidable: to REPLY you have to be online and logged in. But if it is a longer reply then I recommend you write it first in Word and then copy & paste (in order to avoid losing your posting if your internet connection gets broken).

Greetings,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• philfei

Dear Dorothee,

you can subscribe not only to threads but also to categories. If you are interested in a certain category just click on "subscribe".

You get automatically an email notification if someone reply to your thread or in a thread where you posted once.

I hope this helps to answer your question.

Cheers,
Philipp
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH

• dorothee.spuhler
    Topic Author
  • Developing methods and tools to support strategic planning for sustainable sanitation. Particular interested in novel technologies contributing to more inclusive and circular sanitation. Co-Lead of WG1

How to subscribe to multiple threads...

A question for the administrators: how can I subscribe to multiple topics by only a few clicks?
WG1 Co-lead
Developing methods and tools to support strategic planning for sustainable sanitation. Particular interested in novel technologies contributing to more inclusive and circular sanitation. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds