Looking for any simple techs that can be used to treat wastewater from septic tanks for safe disposal into drains?

Page selection:
  • KJJR007
  • Joel KINHOUN is a Ph.D. from the Research Centre for Eco-Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, CAS. His main research interest is Rural environmental sanitation and Decentralized wastewater treatment. His Ph.D. research focuses on research on the next generation of domestic wastewater treatment technology for a rural area.

Re: Looking for any simple techs that can be used to treat wastewater from septic tanks for safe disposal into drains?

Hello
What is the structure of your septic tank? I mean the how many compartments? what types of wastewater, the septic tank treat, is it Toilet wastewater? Did you test the parameter of your effluent and influent? what is the level of the water bodies in those regions? Do you know the retention time of the wastewater in the septic tank? Is it an urban or periurban area

Best Regard
Joël

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Looking for any simple techs that can be used to treat wastewater from septic tanks for safe disposal into drains?

Hi Daniel,
Welcome to the SuSanA Discussion Forum! Please provide more context to your question so that we can help you better. Do tell us more about your work with biofil toilet digesters in Ghana and what that has to do with septic tanks? Septic tank effluent is normally infiltrated (if local conditions allow). If not you could add a constructed wetland or vermifilter system perhaps.

I've also moved your post into our category on vermitechnology. Do browse the other threads, perhaps you find some answers there. 
forum.susana.org/290-vermifilters-for-bl...ts-tiger-worm-toilet

Hope to read more from you soon.

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• Dantugli
  • Topic Author
  • Founder and CEO at Alpha Ecotech LTD.

Looking for any simple techs that can be used to treat wastewater from septic tanks for safe disposal into drains?

Hello everyone,

I am from Ghana and am currently involved in the installation of biofil toilet biodigester.
I want to find out if there are any simple techs out there that one can use to treat wastewater from the septic tanks for safe disposal into drains. This is to help reduce the pollution of our water bodies.

Thank you and best regards.

Daniel Tugli
The following user(s) like this post: Ccornelius

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds