Looking for funding for the renovation of a composting and a sludge treatment facility in Adjumani, Uganda

• HAPitot
    Topic Author
  • Environmental engineer with a passion for low cost and resource recovery issues in sanitation

Looking for funding for the renovation of a composting and a sludge treatment facility in Adjumani, Uganda

Dear all,

In the name of the Town Council of Adjumani, Northern Uganda, I am looking for funding for the renovation of two derelict sanitation facilities that are both belonging to the town council:
  1. A manually operated composting facility and
  2. a small, artificial wetlands based sludge treatment facility.
Total costs are estimated as follow:
  1. 57,000,000 UGX for the composting, about 14000 Euro,
  2. 116,000,000 UGX for the sludge treatment, about 29000 Euro.
For details, please check the attached concept notes.
Hanns-Andre Pitot
M.Eng. Environmental Pollution Control
presently in Seesen, Germany

This message has attachments files.
Please log in or register to see it.

You need to login to reply
  • HAPitot
    Topic Author
  • Environmental engineer with a passion for low cost and resource recovery issues in sanitation

Re: Looking for funding for the renovation of a composting and a sludge treatment facility in Adjumani, Uganda

Dear all,

I am seeing a lot of views but no responses - what is wrong?

In the meantime, I have reviewed the two concept notes and made some improvements - please see the attachments.  Note that I have had to slightly increase the renovation costs for the composting facility to 60 000 000.- UGX (Ugandan Shillings).

I am also attaching a paper I have once presented at a WEDC conference (of Loughborough University, England) which is outlining the overall sanitation approach that was followed (A 'Two-track' Approach to Sanitation and Waste Management in Adjumani, Northern Uganda).  I think this approach is truly innovative, and just for that reason, I would very much hope that funding is going to be made available.  Note, also, that I have stopped counting the private ecosan toilets that were constructed by residents during the course and immediately after of the original project at more than 100.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Hanns-André
Hanns-Andre Pitot
M.Eng. Environmental Pollution Control
presently in Seesen, Germany

This message has attachments files.
Please log in or register to see it.

You need to login to reply
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds