Wikipedia article on menstrual hygiene management (MHM)

Page selection:
  • Elisabeth
    Topic Author
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Keep the Flow Going - MHM and MH Day newsletter

Dear Ina,

Your post alerting us to menstrual hygiene day on 28 May 2015 gave me the following idea:
If you are able to generate some attention for menstrual hygiene on that day, then more people might also turn to Wikipedia to find out more. Therefore, it may pay off to ensure the information on Wikipedia is good.

You could even think about creating a new article for Menstrual Hygiene Day.
(I actually think a Wikipedia article on World Toilet Day would also be good; so far, it re-directs to World Toilet Organisation)

I can help you with setting up such an article. But careful, it should not be seen as a purely promotional page, but it should be quite "neutral" and ideally include other references which have said something about this day, not just your own.

It would also be useful to review the existing Wikipedia articles on related topics which include: (the Wikipedia page on menstrual cups I have already improved a bit myself because I like menstrual cups; it gets about 500 views per day which is pretty good: stats.grok.se/en/latest/Menstrual_cup)

The article on menstruation gets about 900 views per day (stats.grok.se/en/latest90/Menstruation)

Oh and these articles on Wikipedia are also not bad: In each case, it is quite possible that developing country issues are under-represented which is something I have found on many Wikipedia pages that I have worked on so far (they often have a US-centric view, but we can change that!).

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/
The following user(s) like this post: KaiMikkel

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds