Call for papers on "Sustainable Sanitation- How Can We Improve Sanitation Systems in the Global South?" in Frontiers in Environmental Science

Page selection:
  • csk
    Topic Author
  • I work on the toilet, sanitation, biogas, FSM, environmental science and engineering, and I hope to contribute to the toilet revolution in China and in the global. I am happy to share Chinese WASH story.

Re: Call for papers on "Sustainable Sanitation- How Can We Improve Sanitation Systems in the Global South?" in Frontiers in Environmental Science

The deadline has been extended to 31 May 2022. 

www.frontiersin.org/research-topics/2752...-in-the-global-south

Look forward to your contribution.

Kind regards

Shikun Cheng
Shikun Cheng,
Associate professor, Ph.D
Center for Sustainable Environmental Sanitation (CSES)
Department of Environmental Science and Engineering
University of Science and Technology Beijing (USTB)
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • csk
    Topic Author
  • I work on the toilet, sanitation, biogas, FSM, environmental science and engineering, and I hope to contribute to the toilet revolution in China and in the global. I am happy to share Chinese WASH story.

Call for papers on "Sustainable Sanitation- How Can We Improve Sanitation Systems in the Global South?" in Frontiers in Environmental Science

Hello SuSanA Forum Members,

As a Guest Editor of 'Frontiers in Environmental Science' journal (SCI INDEXED, IF=4.6, JCR Q1 ) for a Special Issue on "Sustainable Sanitation- How Can We Improve Sanitation Systems in the Global South?", I would like to invite you to submit your research papers to this journal. I am co-editing this special issue with 
Dr. Devendra Saroj (Reader and Head of Centre for Environmental Health and Engineering, University of Surrey, UK)
Dr. Kangning Xu (College of Environmental Science and Engineering, Beijing Forestry University, China)
Dr. Neelam Rana (Centre for Technology Alternatives for Rural Areas, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India)
Mrs. Elisabeth Maria Huba-Mang (Chairwoman of Society for the Promotion of Sustainable Biogas and Bioenergy Use e.V. (FnBB e.V.), Germany, Social Scientist and Gender expert with about 40 years of international professional experience in sustainable sanitation) 

Please check the link for more details about this special issue: 
www.frontiersin.org/research-topics/2752...-in-the-global-south

This collection hopes to highlight the sanitary issues in the current world and new methods and strategies to optimize sanitation systems efficiently.
  • Economically viable methods to optimize conventional centralized sanitation systems in a low/mid-income setting as the major portion of public funding goes into establishing and managing centralized conventional sanitation systems.
  • Techno-financial and environmental viability of non-sewered sanitation system (NSSS)
  • Water-saving technologies and strategies in sanitation systems, including optimizing water management and saving water (examples include vacuum toilet, dry toilet, reclaimed flushing water toilet, as well as reinvented toilet challenge by Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation)
  • Energy- and resource recovery from sanitation systems, including nutrient recovery, blackwater/greywater/yellow water, fecal sludge, and urine source separating system.
  • Sustainable technological solutions in WASH (water, sanitation, and hygiene) where sustainability is understood in relation to social, economic, and environmental and political aspects. This may include a life cycle assessment of sanitation systems.
  • Sanitation technological and institutional solutions for low-income areas.
  • Engineering education and sustainability concerns in WASH. 
Full paper Submission Deadlines
31 May 2022

If you would like to submit a manuscript, please contact me and let me know.

Please help to distribute. Thanks in advance. 

Kind regards 
Dr. Shikun Cheng
Center for Sustainable Environmental Sanitation
University of Science and Technology Beijing
Shikun Cheng,
Associate professor, Ph.D
Center for Sustainable Environmental Sanitation (CSES)
Department of Environmental Science and Engineering
University of Science and Technology Beijing (USTB)
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds