Introduction: Neil Pakenham-Walsh, HIFA2015

Page selection:
  • neilpw
    Topic Author

Introduction: Neil Pakenham-Walsh, HIFA2015

Hello, I have just joined and would like to introduce myself. I am Neil Pakenham-Walsh, coordinator of the HIFA2015 campaign and co-director of the Global Healthcare Information Network. I am also currently chair of the Dgroups Foundation, a partnership of 18 international development organisations promoting dialogue for development. I started my career as a hospital doctor in the UK, and have clinical experience in rural Ecuador and Peru, where I experienced the reality of being an isolated rural health worker. For the last 20 years I have been committed to the global challenge of improving the availability and use of relevant, reliable healthcare information - including information on sanitation and hygiene - for health workers and citizens in low- and middle-income countries. I am particularly interested in the potential of inclusive, interdisciplinary communication platforms (such as GHD and HIFA forums) to help address global health and international development challenges. I have worked with the World Health Organization, the Wellcome Trust, Medicine Digest and INASP (International Network for the Availability of Scientific Publications). I am based near Oxford, UK. www.hifa2015.org neil.pakenham-walsh AT ghi-net.org
Neil Pakenham-Walsh is coordinator of the HIFA global health campaign (Healthcare Information For All - www.hifa.org ), a global community with more than 19,000 members in 177 countries, interacting on six global forums in four languages. Twitter: @hifa_org FB: facebook.com/HIFAdotORG This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds