Reply: Publication of an Addendum of Data related to Drying of Faecal Sludge and Fresh Faeces

Page selection:
  • Gordwin

Re: Reply: Publication of an Addendum of Data related to Drying of Faecal Sludge and Fresh Faeces

Hi Eddie ,
Please e-mail me @ This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.  we have a conversation on funding. 

Best regards 
Gordwin. 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • eddiemagala

Re: Reply: Publication of an Addendum of Data related to Drying of Faecal Sludge and Fresh Faeces

Dear Mr. Santiago,
We would like you to assist us with funds to implement the project.

Eddie.

• SeptienS
    Topic Author
  • Post-doctorate from the Pollution Research Group, University of KwaZulu-Natal, Durban

Dear Eddie,

I have some current projects where I put into practice the data and knowledge from the Addendum.

The data from the Addendum has practical implications for the design and operation of thermal dryers for faecal sludge treatment, if the Addendum is read carefully and the data examined adequately.

Please let me know if you have any particular question or require any assistance. You can also contact me via my work email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Kindly,
Santiago
Dr. Santiago Septien Stringel
* This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
* This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
+27312601122

• eddiemagala

Dear Dr. Santiago,
Thanks for sharing such valuable info, but my concern is whether you have any funding opportunities to carry on the practicality of the addendum.

Eddie.

• SeptienS
    Topic Author
  • Post-doctorate from the Pollution Research Group, University of KwaZulu-Natal, Durban

Re: Publication of an Addendum of Data related to Drying of Faecal Sludge and Fresh Faeces

Dear Eddie Magala,

Thanks for your feedback.

I hope that the Addendum will be helpful for your work activities.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindly,
Santiago
+27312601122

• eddiemagala

Re: Publication of an Addendum of Data related to Drying of Faecal Sludge and Fresh Faeces

Thanks for this post please, I work with Kaka cesspool services, a Ugandan company that deals in faecal sludge collection and transportation from non-sewered on-site sanitation systems. One of the most challenging experience is dried up faecal matter mostly in ordinary pit latrines.
These consume alot of time, water to dissolve the solid state feaces. 
I hope to share more cases.

• SeptienS
    Topic Author

Publication of an Addendum of Data related to Drying of Faecal Sludge and Fresh Faeces

Dear Colleagues,

I have added the "Addendum of Data related to Drying of Faecal Sludge from On-Site Sanitation Facilities and Fresh Faeces" in the SuSana library (available at: www.susana.org/en/knowledge-hub/resource...library/details/5080).

This document consists of an addendum of data to the book "Methods for Faecal Sludge Analysis". It is part of a project funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates (BMGF) untitled “Characterization of faecal material during drying”. The addendum of data compiles the experimental results directly related to drying or having indirect implications in the process. The data was obtained from experimental work conducted from 2013 to 2020, and involving several research institutions. Moreover, this document includes a background with the fundamental aspects and landscape of faecal sludge drying to understand better the significance and applicability of the data, and a summary of the analysis from the datasheets with their practical implications.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or request.

Kindly,
Santiago
+27312601122
The following user(s) like this post: JKMakowka

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds