New sanitation blog: Talking Crap

Page selection:
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: New sanitation blog: Talking Crap

Hmmm yea, a blog is different from a discussion forum but sometimes the boundaries can be blurred. E.g. when a blog entry allows feedback or discussions to take place under the blog entry.

It's true that the forum is for generating discussions but replies don't necessarily have to be short. They can also be long and detailed. Also, for people who don't have their own blog websites they're welcome to start a new thread here in the forum with something that resembles a blog post. I would have no problem with that. 

Anyhow, feel free to post here when you've written a new blog post that you want SuSanA members to be aware of. The only "requirement" that I'd like to suggest is to post also the abstract or first paragraph of the blog post, not just "Take a look here at my new blog post". Just to help people know what the blog post is about before telling them to click on the link. (we have that in our Rule 3 as "no one liners", see here: forum.susana.org/forum/rules)

Happy blogging and posting and discussing! :-)

Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/
The following user(s) like this post: curiousdungbeetle

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • curiousdungbeetle
    Topic Author
  • Main author of Talking Crap blog: https://talkingcrap.net

Hi Elisabeth. I really wouldn't want to draw people away from the forum, but I think it's unlikely. First because the forum is well-established (unlike Talking Crap 😀) and second because they serve different purposes, even if audiences can cross. The way I see it, a blog means you can take time to research a topic, share personal views in longer form, whereas the forum is more for generating discussions with shorter replies. At least in my perception!
All the best

• raogk

Hello. It's a good initiative and a welcome one. Better to focus on one/two areas closer to your heart. I like your idea of a short guest speaker. If you can share experiences, it will enrich the blog.

Wish you all the best.

Warm regards
G Kondala Rao  

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Hi CDB,

I am just wondering: You said "I would be also open to guest posts for people who want to talk about a specific topic!" - wouldn't that take away from potential posts here in the forum? Or would people potentially post in both places? Is the target audience of your blog distinctly different from ours? 

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• curiousdungbeetle
    Topic Author

Hello Chaiwe, thank you! Glad to know it ca be useful and enjoyable.

I would be also open to guest posts for people who want to talk about a specific topic!

Best wishes
CDB  (not CBD ;-) !)
The following user(s) like this post: Chaiwe

• Chaiwe
  • Innovation enthusiast and Knowledge Management Expert in WASH and Climate Change while cross-cutting Youth and Gender Issues. CEO of CaDev_Capacity Development (An African Social Enterprise)

Hello CDB,

I had a look at the blog, it is a great start. I particularly liked the 'In her shoes' post. You mentioned that you are happily taking suggestions, mine is that I like the idea of a blog, it's a fun way of sharing information through someone's experiences without too much of a structured or formal language approach. Something of an easy read would be nice and of course covering a wide array of topics as is the case from what i see.

Regards,
Chaiwe
SuSanA Forum Moderator
Skat Foundation (With financial support by GIZ and SIRWASH up to November 2023)

Chaiwe Mushauko-Sanderse BSc. NRM, MPH
Independent consultant located in Lusaka, Zambia
Emails: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/chaiwe-mushauko-sanderse-21709129/
Twitter: @ChaiweSanderse

• curiousdungbeetle
    Topic Author

New sanitation blog: Talking Crap

Hello fellow sanitation fans!

I have recently started a blog, called Talking Crap , which talks about, well, sanitation!

I plan to use it to share what I learn as I venture through the WASH sector... and hopefully get more people interested in this wonderful topic. I hope you don't mind this little bit of self-promotion for today!

Have a good day
CDB
The following user(s) like this post: JKMakowka, Madita, Chaiwe

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds