New sanitation blog: Talking Crap

• curiousdungbeetle
    Topic Author
  • Main author of Talking Crap blog: https://talkingcrap.net

New sanitation blog: Talking Crap

Hello fellow sanitation fans!

I have recently started a blog, called Talking Crap , which talks about, well, sanitation!

I plan to use it to share what I learn as I venture through the WASH sector... and hopefully get more people interested in this wonderful topic. I hope you don't mind this little bit of self-promotion for today!

Have a good day
CDB
The following user(s) like this post: JKMakowka, Chaiwe
You need to login to reply
  • Chaiwe
  • Independent consultant (strategic planning, project management and M&E in WASH, climate action and, gender and HIV) and Part-time Solid Waste Management Lecturer at the University of Zambia.

Re: New sanitation blog: Talking Crap

Hello CDB,

I had a look at the blog, it is a great start. I particularly liked the 'In her shoes' post. You mentioned that you are happily taking suggestions, mine is that I like the idea of a blog, it's a fun way of sharing information through someone's experiences without too much of a structured or formal language approach. Something of an easy read would be nice and of course covering a wide array of topics as is the case from what i see.

Regards,
Chaiwe
Co-moderator SuSanA forum
(Under consultancy contract with Skat Foundation funded by WSSCC)

Chaiwe Mushauko-Sanderse BSc. NRM, MPH
Independent consultant located in Lusaka, Zambia
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Twitter: @ChaiweSanderse

The following user(s) like this post: curiousdungbeetle
  • curiousdungbeetle
    Topic Author
  • Main author of Talking Crap blog: https://talkingcrap.net

Hello Chaiwe, thank you! Glad to know it ca be useful and enjoyable.

I would be also open to guest posts for people who want to talk about a specific topic!

Best wishes
CDB  (not CBD ;-) !)
The following user(s) like this post: Chaiwe
  • Elisabeth
  • I'm passionate about SuSanA's role in the WASH sector since about 2005. I'm a freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Hi CDB,

I am just wondering: You said "I would be also open to guest posts for people who want to talk about a specific topic!" - wouldn't that take away from potential posts here in the forum? Or would people potentially post in both places? Is the target audience of your blog distinctly different from ours? 

Regards,
Elisabeth
Head moderator of this Discussion Forum
(under consultancy contract with Skat Foundation funded by WSSCC)

Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Independent consultant located in Brisbane, Australia
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Twitter: @EvMuench
Founder of WikiProject Sanitation: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Sanitation
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
  • raogk

Hello. It's a good initiative and a welcome one. Better to focus on one/two areas closer to your heart. I like your idea of a short guest speaker. If you can share experiences, it will enrich the blog.

Wish you all the best.

Warm regards
G Kondala Rao  
The following user(s) like this post: curiousdungbeetle
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds