The GW²I Corner (Global Wastewater Initiative) - Issue #2, 2019

Page selection:
  • riccardozennaro
    Topic Author

Re: The GW²I Corner (Global Wastewater Initiative) - Issue #2, 2019

Dear Colleagues,

The latest issue of The GW²I Corner, the newsletter of the Global Wastewater Initiative, covering the period January-June 2019, is out!

It highlights the importance of sustainable wastewater management for human health and the ecosystems, the need to safely reuse this “resource,” to partner with the private sector in building business models, and does also provide an update of activities undertaken the last six months.

Download the newsletter here: spark.adobe.com/page/4B41pkouw9Ss8/.

Happy reading!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • riccardozennaro
    Topic Author

Re: The GW²I Corner - Issue #1, 2019

Dear Elisabeth,

Apologies for the late reply. Regarding the first question on the Wastewater Technology Matrix, please find additional information: iwa-network.org/projects/decision-suppor...atment-technologies/. Further references to the Matrix are the attached publication, P.13, and this link, P.54: mediamanager.sei.org/documents/Publicati...M&Sustainability.pdf.

Also, please find additional information on one of the demo project finished in Ouarzazate, Morocco: www.unenvironment.org/news-and-stories/p...sing-solar-power-and.

The Initiative sits under the Global Programme of Action for the Protection of the Marine Environment from Land-Based Activities (GPA), which acts as a Secretariat.

Best wishes,

Riccardo

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Hi Riccardo,

Thanks for re-opening the survey for me. I started filling it in but stopped at Question 3 when I realised the survey is only for members ("What was your primary reason to join the Initiative?").

Could you tell us more about the items you asked about in Question 8: "8. Are you aware of the Wastewater Technology Matrix, the publications and about the demonstration projects developed under the GW²I?"?

And I didn't understand from your answer where the funding comes from? You said it is under UN Environment - ah now I see you mean United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Environment_Programme). So its funding then comes from the general pot of money for the United Nations? How large is the budget for GW2I roughly? I am so glad that you have posted about this initiative from time to time, as I hadn't heard about it otherwise (or not paid enough attention).

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• riccardozennaro
    Topic Author

Dear Elisabeth,

Thank you very much, indeed, the Global Wastewater Initiative was launched after the Manila Declaration and has since then, brought together stakeholders with the goal of responding to the challenges posed by wastewater management. The Initiative is hosted by the Global Programme of Action for the Protection of the Marine Environment from Land-Based Activities (GPA) of UN Environment.

We are reviewing the results, but I am happy to share again the link to the survey (now reopened), should you wish to provide your inputs: goo.gl/forms/0ioZ7mzVHTOq0fEB2. Thank you very much in advance, and please let me know if any clarification is needed.

All the best,

Riccardo

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Hi Riccardo,

I'd like to know a bit more about this initiative, in particular how it is funded and for how long? I saw in your newsletter that you have been going since six years?

The Global Wastewater Initiative (GW²I) is a multi-stakeholder partnership launched by UN Environment in 2013 following the Manila Declaration of the 3rd Intergovernmental Review Meeting of the GPA. Its purpose is to address wastewater-related issues, prompt coordinated action and encourage new investments for sustainable wastewater management. The GW²I intends to bring about a paradigm shift in the way wastewater is seen, from waste to a resource, and prevent further pollution and degradation of our aquatic environment.

And are you able to share the results of your survey with us? I was going to fill it in now but realised it's already closed.

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• riccardozennaro
    Topic Author

The GW²I Corner - Issue #1, 2019

Dear GW²I Colleagues,

The latest issue of The GW²I Corner, the newsletter of the Global Wastewater Initiative, covering the period July 2018-January 2019, is out!

• Download the newsletter here: spark.adobe.com/page/G9EBEsPORilLs/.

• Small favor – please complete a brief online survey: you are invited to share your thoughts about the Initiative, and how we can better tackle the challenges of wastewater management together. Please access the survey through this link: goo.gl/forms/ejInWhdSwnrWbpXb2. We look forward to your responses! Thank you very much in advance for your time.

For more information, please contact the Secretariat, c/o Global Programme of Action for the Protection of the Marine Environment from Land-Based Activities (GPA), UN Environment at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Best wishes,

The Secretariat

Attachments:

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds