Contributions for ecosan newsletter of GIZ

Page selection:
  • Elisabeth
    Topic Author
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation in ecosan newsletter of GIZ

Just to add to Doreen's posting:
The French translation of the ecosan newsletter is now also available here:
www.gtz.de/en/themen/umwelt-infrastruktur/wasser/9403.htm
Please do make people aware of this newsletter who work in the francophone African countries.

What I find particularly remarkable about this newsletter is that we were able to include 3 news items in relationship to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation who is supporting innovative research projects with urine diversion and one large-scale urban sanitation project for the urban poor in Kenya.

Should you have any queries or comments on any of the news items in this newsletter, you could post them here. We always like to read your feedback

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Doreen

Re: Contributions for ecosan newsletter of GIZ

Dear All,

The 41st Sustainable sanitation – ecosan newsletter is now out! Have you already subscribed to the ecosan newsletter? The Sustainable sanitation – ecosan newsletter is published quarterly and contains news items on the topics ecological sanitation (ecosan) and sustainable sanitation.

In this 41st edition, you will find 20 news items and 11 publications from countries as diverse as Cambodia, Germany, Ghana, Kenya, Mongolia, Peru, South Africa, Zambia and many more.

The 41th edition from September can be found here:
www.gtz.de/en/dokumente/giz2011-en-ecosan-nl41.pdf

Please subscribe here in English or French: www.gtz.de/en/25939.htm

Here you can find all the old newsletters in English and French:

Please contact me if you require any assistance in subscribing.

We look forward to your feedback!

Best regards

Doreen
Doreen Mbalo

GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Programme
Policy Advisor in Bonn, Germany
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
E This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) like this post: tmsinnovation

• Elisabeth
    Topic Author
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Contributions for ecosan newsletter of GIZ

The German organisation GIZ has been publishing a quarterly ecosan newsletter since 10 years. We are right now preparing the 41st edition which is due to come out in mid September.

The most recent newsletter from July is here:
www.gtz.de/en/dokumente/giz2011-en-ecosan-nl40.pdf

And here you find all the old newsletters in English and French:

So now is your chance to send us content for the September newsletter!

I just sent this e-mail below to a bunch of people from whom I know that they like to use this medium for spreading information about their ecosan projects. I copy the text of this e-mail below and invite you all to send your contributions:

++++++++
Please let us know what’s new and exciting in your work so that we can promote it in our September ecosan newsletter. Therefore, please send us your short contributions.

Deadline: Thursday, 1 September (but the sooner you send it to us the better, as we start working on your submissions immediately, and usually there is some additional work required).
The newsletter will come out on 15 September 2011 (in English and French – we provide the translation to French)
It goes out to 3,900 people for the English version and 318 people for the French version.

Just to clarify, as some people were confused in the past: What we need is this:
1. 4-6 lines of text (this is called the teaser text, i.e. just a few sentence long; the shorter the better)
2. A catchy and attractive title headline (avoid use of acronyms which other people don’t know)
3. Optional: Link(s) to website(s)
4. Optional: Additional documents which you may want to offer for download (in case they don’t have a URL yet)
5. Optional: A photo in jpg which you may want to include with the teaser text

If you find all this too much effort, then just send us your longer document or statement and we make the teaser text from it. But for us it is easier if YOU write the teaser text, also then it is exactly in the way you like it.

This newsletter will again be prepared by Rahul Ingle in my team (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.), please send your contributions to him or to me. He will be supported by our new Kenyan intern, Doreen Mbalo, who might e-mail you directly for clarification questions (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.).

So now I hope that the contributions will be flooding in – thanks in advance!

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds