Magazine: Africa Water Sanitation & Hygiene in 2014

16k views

Page selection:
  • mwaniki
    Topic Author

Re: Magazine: Africa Water Sanitation & Hygiene in 2014

Hi Chris and the forum

Am sorry for posting this thanking you rather late for your article which was published in the Africa Water, Sanitation & Hygiene November - December 2014 Vol.9 No.8 edition. But as they say in English – Its better late than never. Am afraid to say I was bogged down by an assignment. Apologies. Is this the way you would have liked us to publish your presentation?

Surprisingly, none of the viewers in the forum commented on Mr. Canaday’s ‘How Do Urine-diverting Dry Toilets Work?

Kind regards / Mwaniki
Am the publisher of the Africa Water,Sanitation & Hygiene and the C.E.O. of Transworld Publishers Ltd.,Nairobi-Kenya.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • mwaniki
    Topic Author

Re: Magazine: Africa Water Sanitation & Hygiene in 2014

Welcome to the latest edition of the Africa Water, Sanitation & Hygiene

This is the November - December 2014 Vol. 9 No.6 You may view this edition via this link afriwater.org/virtual-magazine or afriwater.org/publication/online-magazines . You can also download a pdf version via afriwater.org/publication/publications

Comments are welcome.

Kind regards Steven Mwaniki
Am the publisher of the Africa Water,Sanitation & Hygiene and the C.E.O. of Transworld Publishers Ltd.,Nairobi-Kenya.

• mwaniki
    Topic Author

Re: Magazine: Africa Water Sanitation & Hygiene September - October 2014 Vol. 9 No.5 edition now released

This is the September - October 2014 Vol. 9 No.5. You may view this edition via this link afriwater.org/virtual-magazine or afriwater.org/publication/online-magazines . You can also download a pdf version via afriwater.org/publication/publications

Comments are welcome.

• mwaniki
    Topic Author

Re: Magazine: Africa Water Sanitation & Hygiene July - August 2014 Vol. 9 No.4 edition now released

This is the July - August 2014 Vol. 9 No.4. You may view this edition via this link afriwater.org/virtual-magazine or download a pdf version via afriwater.org/publication/publications

Comments are welcome.

• mwaniki
    Topic Author

Re: Magazine: Africa Water, Sanitation & Hygiene in 2014: May - June Vol. 9 No.3 edition now released

This is the May - June 2014 Vol. 9 No.3. You may view this edition via this link afriwater.org/virtual-magazine or download a pdf version via afriwater.org/publication/publications

Comments are welcome.

• mwaniki
    Topic Author

Re: Journal: Africa Water, Sanitation and Hygiene - March/April 2014 edition released

Hi Chris

Thanks for pointing out some omissions of links in certain articles in the latest edition of the Africa Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. These links were inadvertently missed out erroneously and we hereby apologize to you and the community.

Our editorial policy spells out special responsibility to avoid any process that would compromise our integrity. The Africa Water, Sanitation & Hygiene magazine operates on a policy of fairness and honesty in information dissemination.

Members of the forum reserve the right to point out any anomaly in substance or any material that is irrelevant to the interest of the Alliance and should notify the moderator for action.

Kind regards / Mwaniki

• mwaniki
    Topic Author

Re: Journal: Africa Water, Sanitation and Hygiene - March/April 2014 edition released

[Start of Page 2 of the discussion]

Hi Chris Canaday

Please take note that amendments have now been affected in those articles you permitted us to carry in the Africa Water, Sanitation & Hygiene Mar-April 2014 edition.

Please peruse and advise us accordingly.

Kind regards / Mwaniki

• mwaniki
    Topic Author

Re: Africa Water, Sanitation & Hygiene March - April 2014 Vol.9 No.2

Hi Eng.Mughal

You just amaze me.Mine was a just one sentence congratulating your achievement and I didn't expect you take note as it was hidden in a haystack.How do you do it across the board? To vote you as the best avid user of the forum was no fluke.Congrats once more.

Well in India alone "India Water Magazine" has just been launched but "EverythingAboutWater" has now to change its slogan as 'the only water magazine' in India.

Well there must be more other titles Such as "Asia Water" and "Water and Wastewater Asia" etc.

I know you will be energized to learn about this but we enjoy and learn from your contributions.Please give us some more readings !!

Kind regards / Mwaniki

• F H Mughal
  • Senior Water and Sanitation Engineer

Dear Mwaniki,

Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate.

Your magazine is interesting and informative. I like it. I wonder whether there is a similar magazine for Asia.

Thanks and good luck,

F H Mughal
F H Mughal (Mr.)
Karachi, Pakistan

• canaday
  • A biologist working toward sustainability

Dear Mwaniki,

Great. I hope you find room in future issues of Africa Water Sanitation & Hygiene to reprint the remainders (and second parts) of these two texts on UDDTs and the downfalls of flush toilets.

inodoroseco.blogspot.com/2013/10/a-free-...ist-uddt-part-1.html
inodoroseco.blogspot.com/2013/10/a-free-...ist-uddt-part-2.html
www.chekhovskalashnikov.com/water-sanitation/
www.chekhovskalashnikov.com/human-waste-disposal/

I look forward to receiving any feedback your readers may have.
Please let me know if I can be of any further help.

Best wishes,
Chris Canaday
Conservation Biologist and EcoSan Promoter
Omaere Ethnobotanical Park
Puyo, Pastaza, Ecuador, South America
inodoroseco.blogspot.com

• mwaniki
    Topic Author

Hi Chris

Thanks for pointing out that anomaly about the link. We sincerely apologize for the oversight and the amendment will be effected in the online version in due course. I’ll also request the editor to mention the term ‘excerpt’ at the end of the text.

I'll personally supervise the second parts for the links to be inserted correctly if the editor decides to use them in the oncoming edition.

And we all wish to congratulate Eng.Mughal for being the best user of the forum.Keep it up.

Kind regards / Mwaniki

• canaday
  • A biologist working toward sustainability

Dear Steven,

Thank you for reprinting my interview about the downfalls of water-based toilets and my blog post of the design of a zero-monetary-investment UDDT. The only problem is that the link is not correct for the first, it does not say that this is an excerpt, and there is no link for the second.

The virtual version of your magazine, afriwater.org/publication/virtual-magazine, give the following link
www.chekhovskalashnikov.com/tag/water-sanitation/
whereas the correct link is
www.chekhovskalashnikov.com/water-sanitation/

The missing link for the blog post is
inodoroseco.blogspot.com/2013/10/a-free-...ist-uddt-part-1.html

I suggest reprinting the rest and the second parts of both of these texts in future issues of Africa Water, Sanitation & Hygiene ... including, please, the correct links.

I hope your readers find this interesting and I would be happy to answer any questions they may have. I would also like to know of the persons who apply the Minimalist UDDT design.

Best wishes,
Chris Canaday
Conservation Biologist and EcoSan Promoter
Omaere Ethnobotanical Park
Puyo, Pastaza, Ecuador, South America
inodoroseco.blogspot.com

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds