Stockholm water prize winner on water quality and health (2016): Joan Rose from Michigan State University

Page selection:
  • SDickin
    Topic Author
  • I'm a research fellow at the Stockholm Environment Institute and a geographer interested in environment health linkages, including how water and sanitation fit within the greater sustainable development agenda.

Stockholm water prize winner on water quality and health (2016): Joan Rose from Michigan State University

Hi everyone,
I thought some people might be interested to hear more about the new Stockholm water prize winner for 2016 announced yesterday during world water day: Joan Rose from Michigan State University.
Here is the link to SIWI announcement:http://www.siwi.org/prizes/stockholmwaterprize/laureates/2016-2/
And a quotation from the article:
“I have always been motivated by the principles of public health, how to prevent disease. A key barrier, our water infrastructure, is crumbling or non-existing in many parts of the world. The global population unserved by sewage treatment is counted in the billions” says Professor Rose.

best regards,
Sarah
Dr. Sarah Dickin,
Research Fellow
Stockholm Environment Institute
Stockholm, Sweden
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds