Optimising compost and irrigation with wastewater to meet crop nutritional requirements - PhD thesis in Soil Chemistry at Cranfield University, UK

Page selection:
  • NS01RZS
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Lecturer in Soil Chemistry at Cranfield University, UK

Re: question about optimising compost and irrigation on SuSanA discussion forum

Dear Elisabeth

Apologies for the delayed response. I attach a paper that we have published. I am doing some work on this aspect but related to provision of training in Malta and also a research project in Qatar for application in arid conditions. I would be interested to carry this research further with new collaborators. Would you be interested and do you know of any funding sources ?

Thanks

Regards

Ruben
Dr Ruben Sakrabani
School of Applied Sciences
Cranfield University
Cranfield
MK43 0AL
United Kingdom

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • joeturner

Re: Optimising compost and irrigation with wastewater to meet crop nutritional requirements - PhD thesis in Soil Chemistry at Cranfield University, UK

It looks like the thesis is available here, Elisabeth:

dspace.lib.cranfield.ac.uk/handle/1826/7951

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Optimising compost and irrigation with wastewater to meet crop nutritional requirements - PhD thesis in Soil Chemistry at Cranfield University, UK

Dear Ruben,

I came across your post from three years ago. I am wondering if you could please also make the whole PhD thesis ('Optimising compost and irrigation with wastewater to meet crop nutritional requirements') available, not just the abstract? We could also put it in the SuSanA library if you agree.

Also, have you continued down this path since then, did you find research partners and continue down the path of this research?

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/
The following user(s) like this post: JotaCarlos

• NS01RZS
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Lecturer in Soil Chemistry at Cranfield University, UK

Optimising compost and irrigation with wastewater to meet crop nutritional requirements - PhD thesis in Soil Chemistry at Cranfield University, UK

Hi

I am Dr Ruben Sakrabani, a Senior Lecturer in Soil Chemistry at Cranfield University, UK. I have been supervising a PhD student from Malawi who has recently completed his research on 'Optimising compost and irrigation with wastewater to meet crop nutritional requirements' at Cranfield University. I attach an abstract of the thesis. In summary we found that a combination of two sources nutrients from compost (slow release) and wastewater (quicker release) was suitable to meet crop requirements. This has implications to reduce fertiliser cost. All of the PhD project was carried out in the UK but we would like to explore its application to developing countries. I would appreciate response from others who have a common interest in this project idea.

Many thanks

Regards

Ruben
Dr Ruben Sakrabani
School of Applied Sciences
Cranfield University
Cranfield
MK43 0AL
United Kingdom

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) like this post: JotaCarlos

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds