Open sharing of raw datasets - via SuSanA?

11k views

Page selection:
  • Chaiwe
  • Innovation enthusiast and Knowledge Management Expert in WASH and Climate Change while cross-cutting Youth and Gender Issues. CEO of CaDev_Capacity Development (An African Social Enterprise)

Re: Open sharing of raw datasets - via SuSanA?

Hello All,

This was and still is such a great idea! Thank you Eva and Linda for getting this going. I am commenting to bump this post back up to the top. Here users can share links to raw data/ resulting documentation. 

It is such a shame when data and outputs that have demanded a lot of effort do not reach the widest audience so that anyone who may be in need can also make use of it. The SuSanA library is rich with resources in this regard, however, this is probably the best way to share actual data (i.e through titled posts and relevant links to the data sets).

Thanx again for this one!

Chaiwe
SuSanA Forum Moderator
Skat Foundation (With financial support by GIZ and SIRWASH up to November 2023)

Chaiwe Mushauko-Sanderse BSc. NRM, MPH
Independent consultant located in Lusaka, Zambia
Emails: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/chaiwe-mushauko-sanderse-21709129/
Twitter: @ChaiweSanderse

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • MarcusErridge
  • Human Rights PhD Student at the University of Coimbra, Portugal. Research focuses on the human to sanitation, data, demand,and ICTs.

This sounds like a good idea,

I would be interested in ways to share and access data through the forum. I was thinking about this earlier in the year and posted a question asking about collecting and sharing WASH data in relation to COVID-19:  forum.susana.org/covid-19-corona-virus-p...s-and-covid-19#29717

Maybe, if there is enough interest, a sub-working group could be set up to canvass opinion and see what is needed/useful, and what could be systematised above and beyond what is already available from existing sources (SDG 6 Portal etc.). Also, I think sharing data collection, validation and analysis methodologies and ideas as well as raw data would be helpful too.

Thanks for the initiative Eva and for sharing your research Linda.

Best wishes,

Marcus Erridge
The following user(s) like this post: EMary

• LindaStrande
  • Leader of the MEWS group (Management of Excreta, Wastewater, and Sludge) in Sandec (the Department of Sanitation, Water, and Solid Waste for Development) at Eawag (the Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology)

Dear Eva,

I support you in this idea and think it would be a great initiative. Even if raw data sets were not located on the SuSanA website, it would be valuable to have a compilation of references/links to available data sets. This would also maybe be more valuable, as the data sets are compiled together as a complete package with all of the relevant information and citation information.

Here we have also shared raw data from Tanzania and Senegal
data.mendeley.com/datasets/w5y55vf3cn/1
www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pi...043135419308759#mmc1

We have another paper and data set coming out later this year with 420 data points from Lusaka. I will share the link once it is published.

Dear Charlotte, thank you also for your comments!

Best regards,
Linda
Linda Strande, PhD
Group Leader MEWS - Management of Excreta, Wastewater, and Sludge
Eawag - Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science & Technology
Sandec - Department of Water & Sanitation in Developing Countries
www.sandec.ch/fsm_tools
www.eawag.ch
The following user(s) like this post: EMary

• EMary
    Topic Author
  • A researcher by profession. Experienced in content creation, research, training and project management and coordination in the Sanitation sector.

Open sharing of raw datasets - via SuSanA?

Thanks Linda for posting your paper here .

You also raise an interesting point regarding open sharing of raw datasets. I think hosting such a data points in SuSanA can help various research members of SuSanA and make data collection a more concerted effort within the community. I look forward to hearing more opinions from forum practitioners on this and how we may organise such data on the forum platform to be within the legal and ethical bounds.

Thank you,

Best,

Eva
Eva Mary

Program Coordinator
Programs and Administration
Faecal Sludge Management Alliance
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) like this post: LindaStrande, MarcusErridge

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds