In memory of Kevin Tayler

Page selection:
  • raogk

Re: Reply: In memory of Kevin Tayler

Most unfortunate. He is one of the conscientious engineers who worked relentlessly towards sanitation for all. We worked together in Andhra Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh DFID projects for elimination of poverty in urban areas.

My heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family.

May his noble soul rest in peace.

Warm regards G Kondala Rao

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • pkjha
  • Working for over 30 years in the fields of sanitation, biogas from human wastes, septage management, waste water treatment in rural as well as urban areas in India and other developing countries.

Re: In memory of Kevin Tayler

Extremely sorry to know that Kelvin Tylor is not with us. His contribution in the filed of Environmental sanitation and FSM will be remembered for ever. His book on Faecal Sludge and Septage treatment proved very useful for developing countries. His posts on the Forum were always useful and inspiring. I personally learnt a lot from his posts. 
Very sad.

Pawan 
Pawan Jha
Chairman
Foundation for Environment and Sanitation
Mahavir Enclave
New Delhi 110045, India
Web: www.foundation4es.org
Linked: linkedin.com/in/drpkjha

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: In memory of Kevin Tayler

That is very sad. Thanks for your forum post, Lucy. I only knew Kevin through his posts on the SuSanA discussion forum where I was always amazed at how patiently and politely he explained FSM-related topics, especially also for newcomers or students. He had a wealth of experience to draw on and was keen to share everything he knew (also with his books). How sad that he has left us already!

Here is the link to Kevin's forum posts: forum.susana.org/forum/profile/4280-kevintayler
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• LucyStevens
  • Topic Author

In memory of Kevin Tayler

After a short battle with an aggressive bladder cancer Kevin sadly passed away 3rd May 2021 aged 73.

Kevin was a much loved and respected around the world, and was a huge expert on sanitation systems. He held that knowledge and expertise lightly, always keen to learn, to understand the practical issues, and to share his vast experience in easily understandable ways with others. It was in that spirit that he was a regular contributor to SuSanA.

A website has been set up to share stories and memories: kevintayler.muchloved.com

We knew him at Practical Action through is work with our publishing company. His book on Faecal Sludge and Septage treatment has been shared as the go-to guide all around the world with versions in English, French and Spanish. He was still working on a new book when he died, which we should be publishing with the help of his daughter later this year. 
practicalactionpublishing.com/book/693/f...nd-septage-treatment 
The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds