My research works are on pesticides and surface water quality (sinkholes), wells for the distribution of "potable water", and in groundwater (Yucatan, Mexico)

Page selection:
  • polanco07
  • Topic Author
  • User

Water Quality-Sanitation

Hello everyone,

I am Dr. Angel Polanco Rodriguez, from the Regional Research Center of the Autonomous University of Yucatan, Mexico.

My research works are on pesticides and surface water quality (sinkholes), wells for the distribution of "potable water", and in groundwater, as well as evaluation of the bioaccumulation of pesticides in blood and breast milk, such as well the risk perception from communities respect the water contamination.

In developing countries like ours in Mexico, the quality of drinking water in urban and rural communities, depends of the infrastructure for sanitation and all the processes of "Water Gestion" (drinking water treatment plants of good quality, plants for wastewater treatment, sewerage, good practices, good water resource management, quality control monitoring programs for ground and surface water intended for drinking water, etc.).

It is necessary to carry out research and demonstrate, with research results, the impacts for public health and the environment on water contamination, including microbiological and chemical quality, and on the basis of results, present these results to the corresponding authorities of the every country, as well as to society, in the media news, and in this way the government "decides" to support these initiatives considered of high importance for the social, economic and natural development of the developing countries. I leave here some related articles:

www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2352801X18300055 www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27876223 onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/wej.12080 www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/1080...9?journalCode=bher20

We are open to contributions or research iniciatives. Best regards

-- Dr. Angel G. Polanco Rodr

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds