Invitation to participate in the research project: “Enhancing Menstrual Hygiene Management in refugee camps in Greece"

• dmanolakos
  • Topic Author

Invitation to participate in the research project: “Enhancing Menstrual Hygiene Management in refugee camps in Greece"

Hello everyone,

I would like to invite you to participate in my Master's thesis project on Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM) in WASH  programmes and practices. My primary aim is to identify the challenges and gaps of the current MHM in refugee settings and the need for a broader progressive and inclusive MHM in refugee camps in Greece.

As part of my research, I would like to conduct interviews with WASH practitioners at headquarter- and field-level. In particular, I would like to discuss the specific menstrual needs of the most vulnerable people in the refugee camps in Greece, including people with disabilities, transgender and other people who menstruate, and how these are placed at the centre of programmes and practices. Identifying the efforts to integrate a so-called intersectional approach into WASH interventions will contribute to develop recommendations for greater gender equality and inclusion in refugee camps and to "leave no one behind" in emergency response.

Ideally, I would conduct the interviews in March via Zoom, phone or email (about 30 minutes & in English).

In any case, I would appreciate your help and input to participate in an interview and support my research project. If you know other colleagues who would like to share their knowledge and experiences, please forward this message.

It is best to contact me via email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

All the best,

Daphne
You need to login to reply
  • Elisabeth
  • I'm passionate about SuSanA's role in the WASH sector since about 2005. I'm a freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Invitation to participate in the research project: “Enhancing Menstrual Hygiene Management in refugee camps in Greece"

Hi Daphne,

Welcome to the SuSanA discussion forum! Which university are you at, and is your research project embedded in a larger project?

How successful has your literature review been so far before embarking on interviewing experts (asking them for 30 minutes of their time is quite long...)? For example, have you seen this thread with interesting publications on this topic in the forum's sub-category on challenging environments?:
Menstrual hygiene management in humanitarian situations (publications)

I wish you all the best with your research! This discussion forum is a great place for students to share, learn and network. So you have come to the right place. :-) 

Regards,
Elisabeth
Head moderator of this Discussion Forum
(with financial support from WSSCC, now SHF)

Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Independent consultant located in Brisbane, Australia
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Twitter: @EvMuench
Founder of WikiProject Sanitation: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Sanitation
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
You need to login to reply
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds