The Period Junction Conference - 7-8 March 2020 in Bangalore, India - the first international conference on menstrual health

Page selection:
  • paresh
  • Budding WASH researcher, especially interested in governance, public policy, finance, politics and social justice. Architect, Urban & Regional planner by training, Ex. C-WAS, India.I am a patient person :)

Re: The Period Junction Conference

Just wanted to get this on the top of the pile so that more people notice as the conference is coming up this weekend

I am sure the organisers have their reasons but I have reservations about the symbolism used in the image. Most of India is a conservative society, it is essential to use the right words and images to normalise their use. If conferences can't use the right images/words, can have little hope from lay people.
Paresh Chhajed-Picha
Researcher at Indian Institute of Technology - Bombay, India
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Twitter: @Sparsh85
Wikipedia: Sparsh85

Co-moderator of this discussion forum
Attachments:
The following user(s) like this post: Kayafa

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • aeastman
  • Topic Author

The Period Junction Conference

Hello everyone!

My name is Autumn and I'm a Menstrual Hygiene Workshop coordinator at a Bangalore, India-based NGO called Aarogya Seva. I wanted to extend a personal invitation to you all to our special upcoming event: The Period Junction Conference.

On March 7th and 8th, 2020 we are hosting the first international conference on Menstrual Health, The Period Junction, in Bangalore, India. Our mission is to join the top international leaders from a variety of fields to intersect the junction of menstrual health initiatives. Participants will be involved in learning from each others experiences to take actionable steps to strengthen the movement stronger as one. Given that this is a group of leaders and activists for health and sanitation, we would love to have you involved in the conference to contribute your passion and expertise to the discourse of the event.

If anyone is interested in being closely involved, please feel free to email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Otherwise, kindly feel free to browse our event page: maatrika.aarogyaseva.in/periodjunction.htm

Warmly,
Autumn

This message has attachments files.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds