Compostable sanitary pads: a green solution in menstrual hygiene?

• SharmilaC

Re: Compostable sanitary pads: a green solution in menstrual hygiene?

Dear Chris,

Thanks for your kind reply. I am sorry you faced issue opening our website. We are a company which believes in innovation and whatever we do, we try to do with an element of innovation. So, our diapers are innovative too, free from unwanted materials, frills. It can be used with normal reusable underwear and made with compostable materials. We have created a model where more money can be generated selling the composted diapers, so that cost of actual diaper will be minimal. I have been to Mexico few times and have partner who are keen to take our products in local market. We also have received queries from Colombia & Venezuela too for our products, so will surely let know you once we decide to work in South America market with local partners. Please let me know if you have any queries.

with regards
Sharmila
You need to login to reply
  • Chaiwe
  • Independent consultant (strategic planning, project management and M&E in WASH, climate action and, gender and HIV) and Part-time Solid Waste Management Lecturer at the University of Zambia.

How can I get hold of a pack of these for my own experience( here in Lusaka Zambia)? Have you done any research trials yet? If so what was the response from women who used the product?

Chaiwe
SuSanA Forum Moderator
(With financial support from WSSCC (now SHF))

Chaiwe Mushauko-Sanderse BSc. NRM, MPH
Independent consultant located in Lusaka, Zambia
Emails: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/chaiwe-mushauko-sanderse-21709129/
Twitter: @ChaiweSanderse

• davmax
    Topic Author

Chaiwe, thanks for you enquiry. These compostable pads have been used widely for a long time now. Hope you have read all the detail from Shamila in this thread. If you want some pads Shamila is your goto person. For direct contact her email is : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Additionally these pads are available from India mart:  https://www.indiamart.com/aakarinnovations/sanitary-pads.html
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds