Interview with Jack Sim, founder of the World Toilet Organisation

Page selection:
  • Petethehost
  • Topic Author
  • I have worked in the portable sanitation industry with companies that supply and service portable toilets to residential construction, civil projects, events, agricultural and civil emergency segments.

Re: Interview with Jack Sim, founder of the World Toilet Organisation

I’ll be recording  an extended interview with Sanitrax in the next two or three weeks so will try to cover that.

Their original primary market was at Events, where fresh water flushing is seen as a huge improvement on open tank portable toilets. That said, I’ve seen the system in use and it actually uses very little water.
The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Interview with Jack Sim, founder of the World Toilet Organisation

Thanks, Pete, I listened to your podcast with Jack Sim. Always nice to hear Jack talk. What an inspirational person!

I found that the first half of the podcast was a bit of an "old hat" for me but I completely understand that your target audience are not SuSanA members who know all these facts already but the general public in North America etc. I hadn't realised that it's already 20 years since World Toilet Day started which now makes me feel really old now because I still remember when it first came out! That thing about less privacy in public toilets in America was interesting. Then again, being able to crawl out from below the wall dividers was useful as a child when the lock was broken and one was stuck inside of the cubicle...

There is a new pop song by an Indonesian artist which featured in your podcast which I'd like to highlight here. Already has nearly 200,000 views - not bad (launched on 12 November 2020).

And I am glad you found a sponsor for your podcasts, that's really cool. I am just wondering why they advertise themselves as this:
"Get Flushed is sponsored by Sanitrax International, the world's leading provider of modular fresh water flushing vacuum restroom systems."  I would not gloat about the "fresh water" part. Why not just "Get Flushed is sponsored by Sanitrax International, the world's leading provider of modular vacuum restroom systems." Vacuum systems normally have the advantage of being less wasteful with water compared to conventional flushing systems.

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• Petethehost
  • Topic Author
  • I have worked in the portable sanitation industry with companies that supply and service portable toilets to residential construction, civil projects, events, agricultural and civil emergency segments.

Interview with Jack Sim, founder of the World Toilet Organisation

Hi everyone, 

It was an absolute pleasure to talk with Jack Sim (founder of the World Toilet Organisation) for this week's episode of the Get Flushed podcast.

Jack is a true statesman, yet remains modest, humble and sincere. And he has a fantastic sense of humour. The episode is available free of charge on all major podcast platforms or through the link below.

Jack Sim: Mister Toilet 

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds