Introduction to the UK Sanitation Community of Practice

Page selection:
  • RuthKW
    Topic Author
  • I am currently studying for my PhD in Environmental Engineering at Newcastle University, UK. As well as my PhD I am one of three co-ordinators for the UK Sanitation Community of Practice and coorodinate the Newcastle Engineers Without Borders Professional

Introduction to the UK Sanitation Community of Practice

The UK sanitation community of practice (SanCoP) is an initiative convened by the International Water Association (IWA), the Water, Engineering and Development Centre (WEDC) and Building Partnerships for Development in Water and Sanitation (BPD), and aim to strengthen the UK sanitation sector by providing a forum for learning and debate. We hold meetings on a bi-annual basis, and bring together a wide range of professionals with an interest in sanitation from academic and research institutions, NGOs, and public and private organisations, for stimulating presentations, knowledge sharing, networking and lively debate. Participants’ backgrounds’ include engineering, public health, social and political science, economics and urban development disciplines. SanCoP workshops take place twice a year under Chatham House rules allowing lively debate on topical sanitation issues.

Since it began in 2008, SanCoP has developed a network of over 250 members, has successfully run 12 events on a range of topics related to sanitation and has produced a number of written outputs on the subject area. Further details of the network can be found at the following IWA Waterwiki: www.iwawaterwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/WorkGroup_SanCop/.

SanCoP is also on LinkedIn and their group is regularly updated and hosts a number of related discussions www.linkedin.com/groups/SanCoP-UK-Sanita...actice-4417083/about.

For further information or to become a member of the SanCoP mailing list, through which members are updated on new and upcoming events, please contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Or reply on here directly!

Our next event is on Behaviour Change in Sanitation and is being hosted by Cranfield University on Wednesday 20th November. Please see attached file for more details.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds