SuPER-W project - Educational booklet (in English and Spanish) about water, sanitation, and resource recovery concepts (in Peru)

Page selection:
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: SuPER-W project - Educational booklet (in English and Spanish) about water, sanitation, and resource recovery concepts (in Peru)

Dear Pamela,

Thanks for making this post. It's the first time I have heard about your EU-funded SuPER-W project which started in March 2016 for a period of 4 years (www.superw.ugent.be/). Given that the program is nearing its end, would you like to share & highlight more of the project's outcomes where they relate to sustainable sanitation and everything around it? That would be great. (my new/old mantra fits here: "Science is not finished until it’s communicated"! source: www.climatechangenews.com/2013/10/03/sci...-uk-chief-scientist/)

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • pamelaceron
  • Topic Author
  • User

post for publication sanitation booklet

Hello,

I am Pamela Ceron, an Early Stage Researcher of the SuPERW PhD program (Horizon 2020) currently working at TU Delft. I would like to share on your platform an educational booklet (in English and Spanish) about water, sanitation, and resource recovery concepts that we developed together with other researchers of SuPERW, as part of our Outreach and Dissemination Tool (ODT). We have applied it in rural communities in Peru and we have presented the results of our experience at the IWA YWP conference in Toronto this year.

Educational projects on new technologies for wastewater treatment and resource recovery in developing countries are not so common. For this reason, a group of early-stage researchers (Larissa Terumi Arashiro, Marco Hartl, Pamela Ceron, Juan Esteban Ramirez and Philipp Kehrein) developed an educational outreach tool (ODT) including a selection of these new topics for primary school students in rural areas of Peru.

Tangible materials like booklets, microbial fuel cell (MFC) kits, bottle filtration exercises and a demonstration of real applications during field trips helped to motivate and introduce those concepts. A self-produced video clip shows the consistently positive response of kids and teachers to the experience:

The project was a collaboration of Horizon2020 SuPER-W fellows (www.superw.ugent.be/) with the NGO Engineers without borders (ESF Catalonia) and the Peruvian governmental educational initiative UGEL. The booklet is available in English as well as Spanish: www.susana.org/en/knowledge-hub/resource...library/details/3699.
The following user(s) like this post: MarcusErridge

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds