Your opinion on a possible Instagram account for SuSanA?

Page selection:
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Your opinion on a possible Instagram account for SuSanA?

Dear Mughal,

Shobana gave a link to where you can find more information about Instagram, as there is a pretty detailed Wikipedia article on it:

For more information on Instagram: www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instagram

I think some of your questions will be answered there.

It is not implementing a new system it is making use of an existing system. A lot of other organisations are using it already, so the question was whether people who use Instagram already would find a SuSanA secretariat Instagram account a good idea or not.

Instagram has apparently overtaken Twitter with now 300 million users:
www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/30410973
Instagram is owned by Facebook.

Personally, I have no opinion on this (I don't use Instagram myself yet, even though some of my relatives have urged me to get an account as they think it's awesome).

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • F H Mughal
  • Senior Water and Sanitation Engineer

Dear Shobana and Elisabeth,

What is instagram? What are its benefits? What are the disadvantages of not having intagram?
What impact will it have on the current system of making a post?

I'm sorry, but you folks have to explain the "basics" first, before adopting a new system.

Regards,

F H Mughal
F H Mughal (Mr.)
Karachi, Pakistan

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Hmmmm, seems like the SuSanA members are not so keen on Instagram, no reply to your post, Shobana... I read yesterday that there are now more Instagram users than Twitter users. It seems to grow fast!
But maybe the time is not yet ripe for SuSanA to have an Instagram account?
(actually a Slideshare account might also be good but that's a different topic)

Anyone here who would like to see an Instagram account for SuSanA?
Anyone willing to share their organisation's use of Instagram for awareness raising?

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• secretariat
    Topic Author
  • SuSanA secretariat currently allocates 2 full time person equivalents of time from members of GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Team: Arne Panesar, Alexandra Dubois, Maren Heuvels, Teresa Häberlein, Daphne Manolakos and Bettina-Sophie Heinz.

Your opinion on a possible Instagram account for SuSanA?

Dear Forum Users,

As you all know, we are trying to keep SuSanA active in social media (Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube). We have recently thought of opening an Instagram account as it is much more popular ( with over a 100 Mi. users) than Flickr these days and easy to use. Although Flickr is quite similar to Instagram, the latter is an app for cellphones and can therefore also be used easily by people who are "on the move".

Pictures can be uploaded with #susana or by tagging SuSanA's username (if SuSanA had a user name on Instagram). Instagram is also quite useful to provide instant updates and picture messages that are appealing.

I personally like Instagram as it is quickly accesible and the images can be uploaded almost instantly. Also, instagram combines social media and photo sharing together which connects you to immediate audience for your uploads/ work.

We would like to know your opinion on having a SuSanA Instagram account. Please let us know if you would find it useful and interesting as a member. Also, you are welcome to give any other suggestions on how Instagram could be used for other events. Is your organisation already operating an Instagram account? What are your experiences with it?

For more information on Instagram: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instagram
Looking foward to your comments!

Regards,
Shobana

P.S. This post also has a connection with this thread on social media for sanitation:
forum.susana.org/forum/categories/162-pu...media-for-sanitation
Posted by a member of the SuSanA secretariat held by the GIZ Sector Program Water Policy – Innovations for Resilience
Located at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Bonn, Germany
Follow us on facebook: www.facebook.com/susana.org, linkedin: www.linkedin.com/company/sustainable-sanitation-alliance-susana and twitter: twitter.com/susana_org

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds