Linking improvement in sanitation with food security - example from Rwanda

Page selection:
  • JKMakowka
    Topic Author
  • Just call me Kris :)

Linking improvement in sanitation with food security - example from Rwanda

" How Rwanda Red Cross connected the use of human urine to food security "

Since it has become a bit quiet here in this section ;)

The article has some nice photos and videos about urine diversion toilets build in Rwanda.
The following user(s) like this post: canaday, paresh, FroggiVR, Chaiwe, Heiner
You need to login to reply
  • paresh
  • Budding WASH researcher, especially interested in governance, public policy, finance, politics and social justice. Architect, Urban & Regional planner by training, Ex. C-WAS, India. I am a patient person :)

Re: Article about Urine reuse example in Rwanda

Thanks Kris for sharing this very informative piece. Are you aware of its if this was replicated in other schools? or elsewhere? It is an excellent example for replication including in India. Can be converged with the mid-day meal scheme through which students are provided meals in the school. I am not sure if parents are required to contribute but know that though it is a substantial spending the rate (per student) is abysmally low. Would be great if costs related information could be available. (I could not find more about the project through a simple search) 

The piece also reminded me of experiments by Scott in China, they posted about it in this thread

Regards
paresh
Paresh Chhajed-Picha
Researcher at Indian Institute of Technology - Bombay, India
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Twitter: @Sparsh85
Wikipedia: Sparsh85

Co-moderator of this discussion forum
You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds