Urine My Garden Survey - If you are fertilizing your garden or farm with urine this year, we would love to hear from you

Page selection:
  • RichEarthInstitute
  • The Rich Earth Institute envisions a world with clean water and fertile soil achieved by reclaiming the nutrients from our bodies as elements in a life sustaining cycle. We engage in research, education and technological innovation to advance the use of human waste as a resource.

Re: Urine My Garden Survey

Urine My Data: Exploring Trends & Voices from Rich Earth’s Garden Survey 

REGISTER HERE

Join the Rich Earth Institute for the 2024 kickoff of our survey & story-gathering project for peecycling gardeners! We’ll share insights from three years of data collection via our Community Science Survey, featuring responses from over 130 gardeners across the country and around the world. Learn about crops fertilized, methods used, communication practices, and personal perspectives on reclaiming the power of pee. Plus - discover how you can share your urine fertilizer explorations with us this growing season! We’ll announce two new add-ons to the ‘Urine My Garden’ survey : a urine fertilization log sheet and a story collector.
*Reclaiming urine as a resource*
The following user(s) like this post: Carol McCreary

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • RichEarthInstitute
  • The Rich Earth Institute envisions a world with clean water and fertile soil achieved by reclaiming the nutrients from our bodies as elements in a life sustaining cycle. We engage in research, education and technological innovation to advance the use of human waste as a resource.

Re: Urine My Garden Survey - If you are fertilizing your garden or farm with urine this year, we would love to hear from you

Thanks for sharing the survey content! We are working on making a new version of the survey in SurveyMonkey, which will hopefully be accessible in China.

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Urine My Garden Survey - If you are fertilizing your garden or farm with urine this year, we would love to hear from you

Hi Shikun and all,

The survey uses Google forms ( this is the link ) - sadly I guess this is banned in China (thank you for reminding us).

Rich Earth Institute has probably already sent you the form by e-mail but if not, and for the benefit of others, I copy the survey content here below*:

+++++++++

Urine My Garden

At Rich Earth, we promote the practice of reclaiming human urine as a fertilizer, creating clean rivers and sustainable farms. We are interested better understanding how and where people peecycle. Whether you are a urine donor in our 'Urine Catchment Area' or an avid gardener across the globe, we want to hear from you!

To learn more about Rich Earth, please visit: richearthinstitute.org/
For our Home Application guide, visit: richearthinstitute.org/publications/home-use-guide/

Photo uploads not required, but if you choose to submit:

The name and photo associated with your Google Account will be recorded when you upload files and submit this form.

We may use information submitted here for future reports and publications. Except for photographs, any published information will be anonymized.
Name (not shared publicly)
Your answer

Country

Town 

State 

Date Applied (Approximate as best as possible. Please re-submit for each application.) *

How much urine fertilizer did you apply? (gallons) 

Did you dilute?
Yes
No

If so, what urine:water ratio did you use?

What plants did you fertilize?

How did you apply the urine?

Any observations, questions, or stories you'd like to share?
Ex: How did you make your decisions about dilution level, crops, application timing? What have you learned about using urine in the garden? What inspires you to urine fertilize? How long have you been doing it?

Do you have any photos you'd like to share?
If you upload, Rich Earth may use the images (credited to you) for education & outreach materials

Email (not automatically added to mailing list)

Interested in joining Rich Earth's bi-monthly newsletter mailing list?
Yes
No

++++++++++++++++++++

Regards,
Elisabeth

* Personally, I like to see a survey before clicking on the survey link. It's also useful in case the survey link has already expired.
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/
The following user(s) like this post: Carol McCreary, RichEarthInstitute

• csk
  • I work on the toilet, sanitation, biogas, FSM, environmental science and engineering, and I hope to contribute to the toilet revolution in China and in the global. I am happy to share Chinese WASH story.

I am interested in this. However, I can't open the link. 

If possible, you can send to my email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Shikun Cheng,
Associate professor, Ph.D
Center for Sustainable Environmental Sanitation (CSES)
Department of Environmental Science and Engineering
University of Science and Technology Beijing (USTB)
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• RichEarthInstitute

Urine My Garden Survey - If you are fertilizing your garden or farm with urine this year, we would love to hear from you

The Rich Earth institute is conducting a survey ( Urine My Garden ) to better understand how and where people peecycle. If you are fertilizing your garden or farm with urine this year, we would love to hear from you. Please share widely with your networks! It takes about 5-10 minutes to complete. Thank you!

tinyurl.com/urinemygarden

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds