'Get Flushed' wins Bronze in NZ Podcast Awards

Page selection:
  • Petethehost
  • Topic Author
  • I have worked in the portable sanitation industry with companies that supply and service portable toilets to residential construction, civil projects, events, agricultural and civil emergency segments.

Re: 'Get Flushed' wins Bronze in NZ Podcast Awards

Hi everyone, 

I'm excited to let you know that my podcast, Get Flushed, won the Bronze Medal in the Business Podcast Category at the inaugural New Zealand Podcast Awards last week.  

Anything and everything we can do to raise public awareness about sanitation issues is a step in the right direction.

There are five more episodes to come this season and another 40 episodes to follow in 2022.  

I'd be happy to feature any SUSANA members and their work in future episodes.

Pete

www.getflushed.online 
Attachments:
The following user(s) like this post: paresh

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: 'Get Flushed' Featured on The Podcast Radio Hour on BBC Radio 4

Hi Pete,
Yes, please share that testing programme which was carried out on over 4,000 samples of septic waste (probably best to start a new thread for it). Thanks,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• Petethehost
  • Topic Author
  • I have worked in the portable sanitation industry with companies that supply and service portable toilets to residential construction, civil projects, events, agricultural and civil emergency segments.

Hi Elisabeth,

The segment begins at 4m 45sec and runs for about three minutes.

My interview with the Waste Water Team at Christchurch City Council will be available this weekend.  Lots of interesting insights.  Darryl Veale (Environmental Engineer) also gave me a paper to share outlining the testing programme he carried out on over 4,000 samples of septic waste.  I can scan that and upload it here if anyone is interested.

Pete

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Hi Pete,
Where in the 1-hour BBC podcast is the segment from you? I am not interested in the other topics but want to jump straight to yours. :-)
I looked here but couldn't immediately find your segment:
www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000mln5

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• Petethehost
  • Topic Author

'Get Flushed' Featured on The Podcast Radio Hour on BBC Radio 4

Hi,

I'm really excited to let you know that Get Flushed was featured on The Podcast Radio Hour programme on BBC Radio 4 Extra in London this week.  This is great exposure and shows just how well Get Flushed has been received by listeners in the portable sanitation industry and beyond.  The Podcast Radio Hour is available through this  link  if you'd like to listen in.

This weekend also sees the release of our 20th episode in which I talk about how to move a large number of plastic portable toilets from A to B and back again.  And next week, I'm interviewing a Waste Water Engineer about the technology and processes used to treat septic waste at one of New Zealand's most advanced waste water treatment facilities.  I'd be happy to pitch any questions if you let me know in the comments below.

Please visit our podcast webpage at  www.getflushed.online  to hear more.

Pete
The following user(s) like this post: Madita

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds