Seeking inputs for covering the pit emptying challenge in Abidjan

Page selection:
  • Sruthi

Re: Seeking inputs for covering the pit emptying challenge in Abidjan

Hi Paresh,
Here are a couple of questions
1. What are the emptying practices/tools/techniques from other countries which the participants found interesting and would like to replicate in their own regions?
2. Did participating in this challenge affect your own perspective about your job? If yes, how so?

Wishing you a great time in Abidjan!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • paresh
    Topic Author
  • Budding WASH researcher, especially interested in governance, public policy, finance, politics and social justice. Architect, Urban & Regional planner by training, Ex. C-WAS, India.I am a patient person :)

Seeking inputs for covering the pit emptying challenge in Abidjan

Dear All,
Happy to inform that I will be representing SuSanA at the the 21st AfWA congress and FSM 7 in Abidjan next week. I will be part of two sessions; presenting work related to my PhD (see my post dated 15th Feb in this thread ).  

I am also planning to cover the Emptying challenge. Besides capturing it through pictures and videos, I’d also interview a few participants. I am listing some of the questions that I have on my mind.
  • What has been the experience of the challenge, how is performing for the challenge same or different compared to day to day working conditions? 
  • Has the increased attention (in part thanks to the challenge) to emptying brought about any change for emptying business practcies and emptiers themselves?
  • What do they like or dislike about their job? What makes them stay in the job? 
  • What issues related to the work would you  like to be addressed 
What other questions would you like to ask the participants? Please list them below and I’ll try to ask as many as possible. 

Regards
paresh
Paresh Chhajed-Picha
Researcher at Indian Institute of Technology - Bombay, India
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Twitter: @Sparsh85
Wikipedia: Sparsh85

Co-moderator of this discussion forum

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds