World Water Forum in Dakar, Senegal March 2022, Your Attendance and Collaboration Opportunities.

Page selection:
  • Nyembezi
  • Budding WASH Expert.

Re: World Water Forum in Dakar, Senegal March 2022, Your Attendance and Collaboration Opportunities.

Dear Alex,

Too bad I could not get a chance to visit the SuSanA booth but we can still connect , you can reach me on (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.).

I will share a few takeaways from Sunday's event.

In the spirit of promoting greater visibility of women’s issues at the World Water Forum, on Sunday, 20th March 2022, a women's dialogue was hosted at Novotel Hotel in Dakar, Senegal. This forum brought together women professionals in the water sector from women's networks and other key stakeholders from all over the world. The aim of the forum was for women to share their experiences and how they have impacted the profession.

1. Recruitment-How to enter and grow in the WASH sector: the session was aimed at mentoring new professionals in the WASH sector. They were encouraged to :
• Build strategic networks
• Build your own Expertise in order to be valuable

2. Growth and Retention : how to create a niche and remain in the WASH sector- recognize that SDGs need to be achieved.
• Create a space for women with multiple backgrounds in order to leverage the different expertise.
• Network with other women.

3. Exploration and Leadership-How to learn and contribute to the WASH sector:
• Women productivity against gender lens
• Educate family to get the by-in
• Encourage career development and skills development

Regards,
Rosemary.
SuSanA Forum Intern
[With financial support from GIZ (from December 2022 to March 2023)]
Junior Consultant at the African Women Sanitation Professionals Network Zambia Chapter (AWSPN-ZC)
Project Associate at CaDev
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Goverance

Re: World Water Forum in Dakar, Senegal March 2022, Your Attendance and Collaboration Opportunities.

Thanks a lot for your email. I was around and visited your boot, where I also met Ms. Chaiwe. I represented a CSO from Tanzania. Looking forward to receiving the recordings. Best regards.
The following user(s) like this post: AlexandraDubois

• AlexandraDubois
    Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Technical advisor specialized in water, sanitation and hygiene. I work for GIZ since 2012 and have gathered experience in the sub-Saharan region mainly. Since January 2022, I work as an advisor for the “Water Policy Sector Programme - Innovations for Resilience” in Bonn and I am part of the SuSanA secretariat.

Re: Reply: World Water Forum in Dakar, Senegal March 2022, Your Attendance and Collaboration Opportunities.

Dear Dr Rachael Misan-Ruppee

The World Water Forum has been organized this year for offline presence only, however all the session are being recorded and the link to the video will be made available after the session. The secretariat will update you on the highlights of the different sessions involving SuSanA and its partners and we will provide the link of the recording once available.

Thank you for your interest and willingness to participate to this exciting event.

Regards

Alexandra on behalf of the SuSanA secretariat
Alexandra Dubois

Technical Advisor
Sector Programme Water Policy – Innovations for Resilience
Division Climate Change, Environment & Infrastructure

GIZ │Deutsche Gesellschaft für
Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 32
53113 Bonn, Germany

• DICI

Re: Reply: World Water Forum in Dakar, Senegal March 2022, Your Attendance and Collaboration Opportunities.

PLEASE SEND ME LINK TO PARTICIPATE VIRTUALLY. Dr, Rachael Misan-Ruppee

• AlexandraDubois
    Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Technical advisor specialized in water, sanitation and hygiene. I work for GIZ since 2012 and have gathered experience in the sub-Saharan region mainly. Since January 2022, I work as an advisor for the “Water Policy Sector Programme - Innovations for Resilience” in Bonn and I am part of the SuSanA secretariat.

Dear Rosemary

Thank you so much for letting us know about this important meeting to which the African Women Sanitation Professionals Network will participate. Promoting capacity building and networking opportunities for Women professionals in the Water and Sanitation sector is of the utmost importance and key for a better representation of women in the sector, especially in key decision making positions. We are glad to hear  that various women's networks were able to organize such event prior to the World Water Forum in Dakar and we would love to be kept informed about the outcome of the meeting and the follow-up activities resulting from the Dialogue. Dr. Barbara Kazimbaya- Senkwe, Rosemary and members of AWSPN and other women's network, please come and visit us at the SuSanA booth to get to know each other and discuss possible synergies and cooperation between the different networks.

Looking forward to meeting you

Best regards
Alexandra on behalf of the SuSanA secretariat
Alexandra Dubois

Technical Advisor

Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 32
53113 Bonn, Germany

The following user(s) like this post: Nyembezi

• AlexandraDubois
    Topic Author
  • Administrator

Check out the SuSanA event program at the 9th edition of the World Water Forum:  Upcoming events - Sustainable Sanitation Alliance (SuSanA) , for more details come and visit our booth at the Sanitation Village. For the one who cannot attend the Forum this year, we will keep you posted on the highlights of the World Water Forum on this Forum thread and on the different social media channels. 

Best regards
Alexandra Dubois

Technical Advisor

Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 32
53113 Bonn, Germany

Attachments:

• AlexandraDubois
    Topic Author
  • Administrator

Dear Ugochukwu Duru

Thank you so much for reaching out, we would be happy to meet you and learn more about So Others Might Eat (SOME). Please visit us at the SuSanA booth in the Sanitation village, so we have a chance to chat and let you know about any spontaneous SuSanA related activities at the Forum you might be interested in. Check our latest SuSanA event programme at the World Water Forum in the first post, and follow us on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn to be kept up to date.

Best regards
Alex on behalf of the SuSanA secretariat
Alexandra Dubois

Technical Advisor

Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 32
53113 Bonn, Germany

• Nyembezi
  • Budding WASH Expert.

Hi Alexandra,

Women professionals in WaSH have continued to advocate for their inclusion in key decision making positions. Women WaSH professionals from various women's networks and other key actors in Africa and the rest of the world are meeting on March 20 in Dakar, as a start to the 9th World Water Forum.  The purpose of this meeting is to:
- Promote the exchange and sharing of experiences between professional women in the sector and other actors.
- Provide mentorship sessions to women in the water and sanitation (WASH)sector from different backgrounds around the world.
- Identify opportunities and initiatives for a better involvement of women as professionals in the water and sanitation sector.
- Provide a platform for social interaction between women.

The African Women Sanitation Professionals Network is happy to announce that we will be part of this important meeting our Chairlady, Dr. Barbara Kazimbaya- Senkwe is among the panelists! To learn more, kindly click on the link: bit.ly/34fVB7e

See you there! 
SuSanA Forum Intern
[With financial support from GIZ (from December 2022 to March 2023)]
Junior Consultant at the African Women Sanitation Professionals Network Zambia Chapter (AWSPN-ZC)
Project Associate at CaDev
Attachments:

• ssvpowerri

Re: Reply: World+Water+Forum+in+Dakar,+Senegal+March+2022,+Your+Attendance+and+Collaboration+Opportunities.

I will be representing my organization So Others May Eat Foundation (SOME) at the WWF
The following user(s) like this post: AlexandraDubois

• AlexandraDubois
    Topic Author
  • Administrator

World Water Forum in Dakar, Senegal March 2022, Your Attendance and Collaboration Opportunities.

Dear SuSanA members

The 9th World Water Forum is around the corner!! It will take place in Dakar from 21 to 26 March 2022. The ambition of Senegal and the World Water Council is to organize a different Forum, at the social, political and economic levels, a Forum that is a catalyst for action to accelerate universal access to water and sanitation, a Forum that is connected and linked to global agendas and commitments relating to SDGs, the Sendai agreement on natural risks and disasters, the Paris agreement on climate, Africa's 2063 agenda, etc. (for more information click here  and here )

SuSanA will participate to the Forum however the exact program of its activities and contributions has not yet been finalized and still requires some confirmations. The secretariat is hoping to have a booth, a side-event and punctual contributions at various events and sessions. 

We are currently trying to identify who from the SuSanA members will be present at the Forum. Therefore, here is an open call: 
Kindly let us know if you or your organisation is planning to attend the Forum !!

This will help the preparation as well as the communication and coordination on site tremendously. 

Stay tuned for more information! We will soon communicate on the online and face-to-face activities at the WWF 2022.

All the best
Alexandra Dubois

Technical Advisor

Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 32
53113 Bonn, Germany

Attachments:

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds