4th Global WOPs Congress is a few days away - Join the two weeks programme (participation is free of charge)

Page selection:
  • FranziskaVolk
    Topic Author
  • I am striving for a world where we are linked, and not ranked.

Re: 4th Global WOPs Congress is a few days away - Join the two weeks programme (participation is free of charge)

Hi all, 

The 4th Global WOPs Congress is around the corner — from 18-28 October, the congress will gather hundreds of public water and sanitation utilities and their partners including donors, NGOs, regulators, government, research institutes and others. And we invite you to take part as well.
To register for the Congress just follow this link to the registration page: gwopa.org/wop-congress/register/ 

Of course, there are a number of sessions dedicated to sanitation and sanitation-focused partnerships, e.g.: 
You can find the overall programme at-a-glance  here 

Each of us has something to learn, but also something to share with water and sanitation utility staff. We hope to see you from 18th–29th of October at this free and fully online event, because by learning from each other we can be better prepared for the challenges ahead.

Best regards, 
Franziska 
I moved from the SuSanA Secretariat to the
Global Water Operators’ Partnerships Alliance (GWOPA) at UN-Habitat- visit at gwopa.org/ and follow @gwopa
Attachments:
The following user(s) like this post: paresh

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • FranziskaVolk
    Topic Author

Re: 4th Global WOPs Congress - Expressions of Interest open until 18 May 2021 (Global Water Operators’ Partnerships Alliance)

Thanks, Elisabeth! Yes, it is and will be an interesting discussion on the naming and visibility of sanitation. A great recent example is the African Water Association turning into ‘’African Water and Sanitation Association’’ (AfWASA) . Let's see where WOPs/SWOPs are heading...

I just adapted the title of the thread, as the deadline has been moved to 18 May! So still opportunities to submit expressions of interest (no detailed level of speakers etc needed at this stage) for the WOPs congress. 

The congress is open and free of charge. More information about the Call – themes, format and process – and the Congress can be found here:   gwopa.org/wop-congress/   and in the congress brochure   gwopa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/glo...ongress-brochure.pdf

The GWOPA team would also be happy to present details of the congress over a call and explore ways how SuSanA members and partners can be involved in it - feel free to contact us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..  

Best regards, 
Franziska
Global Water Operators’ Partnerships Alliance (GWOPA) at UN-Habitat- visit at gwopa.org/ and follow @gwopa

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: 4th Global WOPs Congress - Expressions of Interest open until 30 April 2021 (Global Water Operators’ Partnerships Alliance)

Hi Franzi,
Such a pity that we have lost you from GIZ/SuSanA, but so nice to see you pop up again in a different role! I've never paid much attention to GWOP (global water operators partnership) before but now that you'll there, I'll pay more attention! :-)

Looking at the program of the upcoming online congress I am happy to see that it does include faecal sludge management:

Thematic areas:
Advancing sanitation: Wastewater collection and treatment, protecting water quality, fecal sludge management, reuse

Wondering if one day the title "water operators" should be changed or if FSM will always remain so closely related to water & wastewater utilities anyhow that it doesn't matter much.

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• FranziskaVolk
    Topic Author

4th Global WOPs Congress is a few days away - Join the two weeks programme (participation is free of charge)

Dear SuSanA members, 

The 4th Global WOPs (Water and Sanitation Operator Partnerships) Congress will take place from 18-29 October 2021. The WOPs Congress brings together stakeholders from all walks of life who support public water and sanitation utilities, including national, sub-national and local governments, donors and financial institutions, and many more. 

Although COVID remains a major global challenge to water and sanitation service providers, operators and their staff are facing many other immediate and longer-term challenges every day: a fast-changing climate, revenue loss, depletion of resources, underinvestment and growing inequalities, among many others.

Learning from each other, sharing experiences, and inspiring action is a critical way for operators to improve their services and ultimately enrich the lives of the people and communities they serve.

This spirit of collaboration and solidarity is at the heart of the Global WOPs Congress

This 4th edition will be fully online and will offer thematic and WOP sessions, an #OPERATORsSTAGE and side events. A call for expressions of interest is now open and interested parties are invited to contribute by convening or co-convening a session, providing a speaker, or background papers and research.  One of the five themes of the congress is Advancing sanitation: Wastewater collection and treatment, protecting water quality, fecal sludge management, and reuse.

The congress is open and free of charge. More information about the Call – themes, format and process – and the Congress can be found here:  gwopa.org/wop-congress/  and in the congress brochure  gwopa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/glo...ongress-brochure.pdf  

Who will be there? Around half of all congress participants are staff from public water and sanitation operators. The other half are representatives from international and development agencies, donors, civil society and other water and sanitation stakeholders and decision makers.

I will post updates once the registration opens and the programme is released. 

Best regards, 
Franziska 

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds