7th World Water Forum 12th to 17th April (Korea) - Feedback?

Page selection:
  • WASHanna

Re: 7th World Water Forum 12th to 17th April (Korea) - Feedback?

Thanks for highlighting this event!

Yes, lots of thoughts and learnings. I do not think that there were any presentations or videos available online from the conference organizers at least.

The conference was quite large, as I am sure you all know. At times it felt like there were parallel conferences going on, as there were the WASH sessions, the "big water" sessions (and much of the exhibition hall), and the political track, which took place in Gyeongbuk. I found the forum to be very worthwhile, but it was also my first so I was unable to compare it to the 6th WWF.

To help summarize learnings from the week, I wrote daily blog posts, which you can find here . I also put together a social media Storify . If people have specific questions, particularly in response to the blogs, I am happy to answer them!
Hanna Woodburn
Acting Secretariat Director
Global Public-Private Partnership for Handwashing
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
@WASH_Hanna
The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: 7th World Water Forum 12th to 17th April (Korea) - Feedback?

I am just wondering if any of our forum readers went to this event (World Water Forum in Daegu & Gyeongbuk, 12th to 17th of April) and would like to give us some feedback and their impressions about the event?

I know a few of you were there, for example Hanna Woodburn from the PPPHW, I saw all your tweets. ;-)
twitter.com/WASH_Hanna
twitter.com/HandwashingSoap
And also Kanako Katayama:
twitter.com/kanakokata

Any particular learnings? Any moods or trends that you picked up on? Was it worth going? Are any materials available from the event online? I had a quick look at their website but couldn't see anything in terms of presentations or videos: eng.worldwaterforum7.org/main/

So, make your CO2 emissions for this trip to Korea count, share with us what you can from this event? :-)
Thanks.

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• secretariat
    Topic Author
  • SuSanA secretariat currently allocates 2 full time person equivalents of time from members of GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Team: Arne Panesar, Alexandra Dubois, Maren Heuvels, Teresa Häberlein, Daphne Manolakos and Bettina-Sophie Heinz.

7th World Water Forum 12th to 17th April (Korea) - Feedback?

Dear forum users,

I would like to bring to your attention a list of events on the topics of sanitation, wastewater and reuse that are taking place during the World Water Forum in Daegu & Gyeongbuk next week 12th to 17th of April ( click here for details):
  1. Water and Sanitation for Rural Africa ; Coordinator: African Development Bank (AfDB)
  2. Innovative financing for small and decentralized water and sanitation operators and actors ; Coordinator: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
  3. Recycling and reuse - resource positive for cities ; Coordinator: Veolia
  4. Getting research into policy and practice (GRIPP): a path to efficient water and wastewater management ; Coordinator: Swiss Water Partnership (SWP)
  5. Enough safe water and Integrated sanitation for all: Where we are and what’s next ? / Asian Sanitation Solutions Debate: Youth and Civil Society Accel ; Coordinator: Asian Development Bank (ADB) Youth Initiative
  6. Water security for Cities through integrated urban planning and services ; Coordinator: International Water Association (IWA)
  7. [Special Focus Session] Women for a water secure world: past, present and future ; Coordinator: Women for Water Partnership
  8. Off-grid Water and Energy Solutions in developing countries ; Coordinator: International Water Association(IWA)
Also have a look at the full program here .

This is mainly to inform members who will be in Korea next week. Any contribution of conference material via the forum or our library is very welcome. The SuSanA secretariat will then decide on appropriate ways of knowledge management.

Greetings from the secretariat!

[Posted by Lasse]
Posted by a member of the SuSanA secretariat held by the GIZ Sector Program Water Policy – Innovations for Resilience
Located at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Bonn, Germany
Follow us on facebook: www.facebook.com/susana.org, linkedin: www.linkedin.com/company/sustainable-sanitation-alliance-susana and twitter: twitter.com/susana_org

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds