The Mzuzu University Centre of Excellence in Water and Sanitation invites you to the following upcoming short course:
4 to 6 February 2019 (3 full days)
The focus of this workshop will be low-cost sanitation in support of ending open defecation in Malawi. The workshop will introduce participants to a variety of solutions especially developed for rural and peri-urban areas. A practical exercise will be included to build a corbelled latrine. The workshop will also cover how low-cost sanitation technologies, combined with sanitation marketing, can work alongside CLTS (Community-Led Total Sanitation) programs. This hands-on course has a maximum of 25 participants, though a waiting list will be formed as needed. Fee per participant is MK150,000.
• The venue for all short courses will be Mzuzu University, Mzuzu, Malawi.
• Registration fees cover course fees, handouts, materials for practical exercises, morning and afternoon break, and lunch.
• Participants are responsible for transportation and making accommodation arrangements.
• Successful participants will receive a certificate of attendance/recognition.
• Participants should come prepared for both theory and practical/field exercises.
Rochelle Holm, Ph.D., PMP
Centre of Excellence in Water and Sanitation