We think it is time for a SuSanA mobile social group. Will it be Whatsapp, Telegram, Slack or other?... Whats your say?

• Elisabeth
  • I'm passionate about SuSanA's role in the WASH sector since about 2005. I'm a freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: We think it is time for a SuSanA mobile social group. Will it be Whatsapp, Telegram, Slack or other?... Whats your say?

Hi Kris and Paresh,
I agree with the advantages you have mentioned for Telegram over Whatsapp. However, I see further advantages with Slack in the fact that the search functions are better, and threaded replies can be used. Kris: was there a particular reason why you dismissed Slack?

The overall purpose of having an online chat channel (in parallel to the forum) would be - as Chaiwe pointed out in her starting post - "As one way to increase and improve engagement for users". To spell that out a bit more, I foresee its purposes as this:

It could be used
  1. ... for "social" messages; messages that are not meant to be preserved forever.
  2. ... to draw some attention to new forum posts that are particularly important and are in danger of being overlooked. 
  3. ... for informal, quick questions or announcements.
  4. ...by novices who feel they are not qualified enough yet to make a "proper" forum post, and who want to test the waters first.
Are there other purposes that I haven't thought of yet?

I don't think it's a problem to install another App. We all have so many apps on our phone, what's one more app... You could decide if you wanted push notifications from the App or if you just wanted e-mail notifications.

Thanks for the inputs so far, please keep them coming. We're still in the brainstorming phase.

Regards,
Elisabeth
Head moderator of this Discussion Forum
(with financial support by GIZ from July to October 2021)

Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Independent consultant located in Brisbane, Australia
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Twitter: @EvMuench
Founder of WikiProject Sanitation: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Sanitation
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
You need to login to reply
  • sampark
  • Reaching out in grassrouts.Premananda Biswal, Executive Director, SAMPARK TRUST, Bhubaneswar, Odisha would introduce myself, before you as a grass root level Rural & Health development associate for a period spanning over 26 years contributed in the field

Re: We think it is time for a SuSanA mobile social group. Will it be Whatsapp, Telegram, Slack or other?... Whats your say?

Hi,
    It will great, if it would be possible for all to be in Social Group for quick response & update. 

Regards,
Premananda Biswal.
Executive Director.
SAMPARK TRUST
B-30, BDA Duplex
Bhubaneswar
Odisha, INDIA
You need to login to reply
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds