Donor Funding - in South Africa huge need for toilet ownership

Page selection:
  • nazir
    Topic Author

Re: Donor Funding

Hi Elisabeth.

I thank you for your reply. I agree with you, the term 'donor' is being on the wrong track. Jack Sim says that we got to make this a business and viable for people to have a sustainable business model. Unfortunately in our country, many believe that things are owed to them and that's where it becomes very difficult.Government funding goes mostly through a tender process and I don't need to explain more about tenders.

Nazir.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Donor Funding

Your first question is easy to answer: Yes. See here:
forum.susana.org/forum/categories/26-hea...-and-the-wash-sector

(By the way, there is a search function for this forum (see search-button above) which is very useful as this forum expands in content.)

Regarding the second question: I will leave that to someone else to answer. Just to say, that the term "donor" already puts you on the wrong track, sounds like a "donation" then... Money for sanitation needs to come from within...

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/
The following user(s) like this post: mehtab

• nazir
    Topic Author

Donor Funding - in South Africa huge need for toilet ownership

Hi everyone

I have two questions to ask:

1.Has anyone in this forum addressed sanitation facilities for disabled people. I would like some information please especially for rural areas.

2.We in South Africa have a huge need for toilet ownership and I would like to know who I could contact for donor funding or Joint venture and also what would the requirements be.

I thank you and look forward in your kind assistance.

Nazir.

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds