wastewater treatment waste water reuse for irrigation

• nancysam
    Topic Author
  • hello, I'm Nancy from India I like to learn and build new and innovative technologies for wastewater treatment and study about sustainable development. I'm currently pursuing my masters and I would further like to study and develop myself as an independent researcher in the near future.

wastewater treatment waste water reuse for irrigation

What is the current best water treatment method that is available in the market today? why and why not? are there any improvements to be made in the current waste water treatment methods available today? what are the exact drawbacks that we face in our society today
as per a scientific research membrane based technologies were said to be the best water treatment methods that were available today but a reverse osmosis membrane costs very high and cant be used to purify millions of liters of wastewater. In case we use untreated water for irrigation the outcome from the crops is again consumed by humans and this causes many health issues, if this untreated water is discharged into the rivers fish get affected and again humans who consume fish are affected eg: minamata disease in Japan. Please suggest and discuss what is the best method of wastewater treatment in low economy countries/families who cant afford bare minimum but deserve every right to clean drinking water and clean food.
P.N.Samyukta
You need to login to reply
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds