Looking for case studies for a webinar series on utility engagement in urban sanitation

Page selection:
  • AlexandraDubois
    Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Technical advisor specialized in water, sanitation and hygiene. I work for GIZ since 2012 and have gathered experience in the sub-Saharan region mainly. Since January 2022, I work as an advisor for the “Water Policy Sector Programme - Innovations for Resilience” in Bonn and I am part of the SuSanA secretariat.

Looking for case studies for a webinar series on utility engagement in urban sanitation

In the framework of the current discussions between GWOPA (Sanitation CoP) and SuSanA (WG10) to strengthen the link between the two platforms and communities we would like to organize a joint webinar series  to facilitate the dissemination of knowledge and encourage the exchange of best practices among water utilities and sanitation practitioners. The idea is to present a total of 10 case studies from Africa and perhaps South Asia, where the contribution of water utilities to improving access to urban sanitation will be showcased.  Contribution from utilities can take several forms, from the provision of faecal sludge management services, to the formalisation of sanitation workers, the introduction of a sanitation tariff, implementation of reuse practices at scale, etc.

If you are employed at a water utility in Africa or South Asia (or are familiar with one) and wish to showcase your sanitation initiatives, please feel free to contact me or the WG10 leads: Steffen Reuters and Ajith Edathoot.
Alexandra Dubois

Technical Advisor
Sector Programme Water Policy – Innovations for Resilience
Division Climate Change, Environment & Infrastructure

GIZ │Deutsche Gesellschaft für
Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 32
53113 Bonn, Germany

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds