Introduction of the new co-leads of WG4 "Sanitation Systems, Hygiene and Health"

Page selection:
  • simon

Re: Introduction of the new co-leads of WG4 "Sanitation Systems, Hygiene and Health"

Welcome on board Alex and Sudhir. Great addition to the group!
Simon Okoth
Senior Project Manager,
SuSanA Project Phase III, Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI)
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Project link: www.susana.org/en/resources/projects/details/127
The following user(s) like this post: DianeKellogg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • AlexandraDubois
    Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Technical advisor specialized in water, sanitation and hygiene. I work for GIZ since 2012 and have gathered experience in the sub-Saharan region mainly. Since January 2022, I work as an advisor for the “Water Policy Sector Programme - Innovations for Resilience” in Bonn and I am part of the SuSanA secretariat.

Introduction of the new co-leads of WG4 "Sanitation Systems, Hygiene and Health"

Dear SuSanA Working Group 4 members,

Sudhir Pillay and I are pleased to announce that we are going to support Mr. Christian Zurbrügg and Mr. Charles Niwagaba as co-leads of the WG4 “Sanitation systems, hygiene and health”. We are both looking forward to working together with the group leaders and the members of the group to address the challenges and achieve the objectives as regards the sanitation system approach and other related topics. We would like to take this opportunity to officially introduce ourselves to the rest of the group.

My name is Alexandra Dubois and I am currently working as a development advisor for the GIZ Water Programme in Kenya. I support the Water Sector Trust Fund (Kenyan State Corporation) in implementing a sanitation project called “Up-Scaling Basic Sanitation for the Urban Poor - UBSUP”. My educational background is Environmental Engineering with focus on waste and wastewater technologies.

My WG4 colleague, Sudhir Pillay, is a research manager for sanitation at the South African Water Research Commission in Pretoria. Sudhir completed his PhD at UKZN, Durban and is currently managing R&D sanitation-related projects funded by the WRC and involved either as manager / co-ordinator / technical lead for DST-funded Innovation Partnership for Rural Development, the DST/BMGF SASTEP Programme, the WRC/BMGF SRFA Programme, and WADER Sanitation Technology Programme, the AFDB/AWF/WRC Social Franchising for O&M of School Sanitation Facilities.

We look forward to working with you
Sudhir and Alexandra
Alexandra Dubois

Technical Advisor
Sector Programme Water Policy – Innovations for Resilience
Division Climate Change, Environment & Infrastructure

GIZ │Deutsche Gesellschaft für
Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 32
53113 Bonn, Germany

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds