Awareness raising about neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) - voice by Bill Gates

• muench
  • muench's Avatar Topic Author
  • Freelance consultant (former roles: program manager, lecturer, process engineer)

Awareness raising about neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) - voice by Bill Gates

I came across this nice little 2-minute video which aims to raise awareness about neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) and our duty to do something about them! It also talks about a drive to donate medicines to cure these diseases. the voice in the video is by Bill Gates himself.

I think the video is very well done and worth watching and showing to your kids. However, I would have loved to hear also something about the importance of sanitation to prevent spread of these diseases. (but yes, I know, one cannot put too many messages into a short 2-minute video!)

About the video:

Bill Gates talks about some of the world’s oldest and most horrifying diseases that continue to afflict the world’s poorest people.
Learn more at b-gat.es/2o76SN2

And here: www.gatesnotes.com/Health/Record-Breakin..._GF-EM_&WT.tsrc=GFEM

Anyway, very good awareness raising efforts!

Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Independent consultant
Community manager of this forum via SEI
(see: www.susana.org/en/resources/projects/details/127 )
Wikipedian, co-founder of WikiProject Sanitation: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Sanitation

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Twitter: @EvMuench, website:...
You need to login to reply
Share this thread:
Time to create page: 0.381 seconds