FINISH Mondial Sanitation Hackathon 2023-24. Finalists and winners

Page selection:
  • ravikalal
  • Practicing Sanitary engineer, Interested in Wastewater treatment and water conservation.

Re: FINISH Mondial Sanitation Hackathon 2023-24 - Hashtag Percapita

Delighted to share the news !! 

Hashtag PerCapita  has won the first prize in the  FINISH Mondial  Sanitation Hackathon 2023-24 event for the theme on 'Innovation in Greywater Recycling for Small-scale Agriculture'.

The system presented by  Hashtag PerCapita  is called 'Humus Bio-reactor' treatment system. Due to its modular implementation approach, the Humus Bio-reactor system can be easily integrated into any existing building where greywater is disposed into open. In case of a building with an existing Onsite Sanitation System’s (OSS) and effluent flowing into open drain, the effluent can be diverted into ‘Humus Bio-Reactor’. Since the implementation does not involve a lot of civil construction, the treatment system is scalable and faster to implement.

Link to the video of the product:  Humus Bio-reactor - product description video 

About the firm: Hashtag Percapita Private Limited (HPC) is an engineering & planning advisory firm established as a collective between a group of like-minded planners, engineers and public health professionals working in the intersection of water and sanitation.

Hashtag PerCapita  offers technical support in Implementing Planning, Engineering, Capacity Building solutions and interventions as well as to build technology platforms for sustainability. The technical assistance offered by HPC is in the form of:
1. Technical feasibility studies or impact assessment studies
2. Technology Demonstration or Implementation {in the areas of water resource, hydraulic and sanitary engineering}
3. Offering Digital Solutions such as developing proof of concepts or designing the digital solution architecture
4. Training support to leadership within the sector of water and sanitation.

P.S: Please reach out to us for implementation of the system.

Name: Ravi Kumar
Phone: +91-9738287101
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) like this post: paresh

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • paresh
  • Budding WASH researcher, especially interested in governance, public policy, finance, politics and social justice. Architect, Urban & Regional planner by training, Ex. C-WAS, India.I am a patient person :)

Re: Seeking support for the "Popular vote price" for the 4th edition of the SanTech Challenge - Hackathon 2024; 22nd March 10 am GMT

Congratulations Sidesee for being one of the eight finalists. And thank you for informing us. 

For members who missed the event, this video briefly presents all the eight solutions.

Regards
paresh

Paresh Chhajed-Picha
Researcher at Indian Institute of Technology - Bombay, India
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Twitter: @Sparsh85
Wikipedia: Sparsh85

Co-moderator of this discussion forum

• sidesse

Re: Seeking support for the "Popular vote price" for the 4th edition of the SanTech Challenge - Hackathon 2024; 22nd March 10 am GMT

Hello everyone.

I'm YMELE SAAPI Sidesse Sonia, a PhD student at the 2iE institute in Burkina Faso. I'm working on an earthworm-based greywater treatment system for agricultural reuse. This year, I'm taking part in the 4th edition of the SanTech Challenge - Hackathon 2024, which rewards innovative projects in the field of greywater treatment.

Of the 77 projects submitted from 28 countries, my project, Worms for a Sustainable World (WSW), was shortlisted in the top 8. I am therefore one of the 8 finalists.

The final ceremony will take place tomorrow on Friday March 22, 2024 (World Water Day) from 10 a.m. GMT online. You'll have the opportunity to vote for my project for the People's Choice Award by taking part in the ceremony. I invite you to register to take part in the ceremony via the link: https://events.teams.microsoft.com/event/91ab46ed-5af1-48dc-b442-7d6fe06c19c8@d6cc620b-5805-4e06-960c-07a7fb8e987f

Register now to avoid saturation tomorrow

Thank you very much for your support 🙏🏾.

• AlexandraDubois
  • Administrator
  • Technical advisor specialized in water, sanitation and hygiene. I work for GIZ since 2012 and have gathered experience in the sub-Saharan region mainly. Since January 2022, I work as an advisor for the “Water Policy Sector Programme - Innovations for Resilience” in Bonn and I am part of the SuSanA secretariat.

Re: Sanitation Hackathon 4 - grey water

🏆 Prizes:

The winner of the hackathon will receive €5,000 and their innovation will be implemented in one of the FINISH Mondial countries: Bangladesh, Ethiopia, India, Kenya, Tanzania or Uganda. 

The first and second runners-up will receive €3,000 and €1,000 respectively! And there will even be a popular vote award of €1,000 when the winners are announced!

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Alexandra Dubois

Technical Advisor
Sector Programme Water Policy – Innovations for Resilience
Division Climate Change, Environment & Infrastructure

GIZ │Deutsche Gesellschaft für
Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 32
53113 Bonn, Germany

Attachments:

• vpost
  • Topic Author

Sanitation Hackathon 4 - grey water

Calling All Innovators: JoinFINISH Mondial’s 4th Sanitation Technology Hackathon!

Harness your creativity and expertise to develop groundbreaking technologies for a sustainable future. Our fourth annual Hackathon is here, and this time we’re tackling the challenges of greywater recycling for small-scale agriculture. Greywater, which typically includes wastewater from sinks, showers, laundry, and baths, can be a valuable resource when properly treated and repurposed for irrigation,
reducing water wastage and the need for freshwater in agriculture.

This Hackathon 4 will entail four focus areas:
1) Grey Water Treatment Technologies, 
2) Smart Irrigation Systems,
3) Sensor and Monitoring Solutions, and
4) Community Engagement and Education. 

Event Details:

Theme:
 Innovation in Greywater Recycling for Sustainable Agriculture and Kitchen Gardening.

Last Date to apply:
 28 February, 2024 

Winners’ announcement:
 22 March, 2024

For more information and to apply, visit:  finishmondial.org/calling-all-innovators...wash-tech-hackathon/  
Follow us on social media: 
Facebook:  www.facebook.com/FINISHMondial
LinkedIn:  www.linkedin.com/showcase/finish-mondial/
Twitter:@ FINISHMondial  twitter.com/FINISHMondial

The following user(s) like this post: AlexandraDubois

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds