Research in Maputo on Sanitation System Risk Assessment (Mozambique), funded by SPLASH - Participatory Rapid Sanitation System Risk Assessment Methodology

16.3k views

Page selection:
  • jonpar
    Topic Author
  • As part of the Engineering team, my role at IMC is to lead on the delivery of projects requiring specific expertise on urban sanitation (including excreta/waste/wastewater/stormwater management) focusing on technical, institutional and financial aspects in project design and implementation.

What is your perception of the health risk associated with sanitation systems and practices?

Posted for Philippa Ross:

Can you help me with my PhD research please? I need just 5 minutes of your time to respond to a short questionnaire...

Data on the reality of the sanitation situation in many cities in low income counties is often limited. Municipalities do not have the resources to do detail surveys of household and the local level sanitation systems.

As part of my PhD I am developing a rapid participatory risk assessment tool for urban sanitation systems. The tool asks communities to evaluate their situation and health risk against a number of indicators.

There is limited scientific data which quantifies the relative risk to human health posed by different poor sanitation systems and practices and therefore it is difficult to weight the different factors into an overall risk score.

I am interested to understand your perceptions of these risks. I would be grateful if you could fill in the questionnaire. It contains a bit of information about yourself and 3 questions relating to different elements of risk; sanitation systems, exacerbating factors and vulnerability.

Here is the link: www.surveymonkey.com/s/7J3WLCD

If you have internet issues - please get in touch and I can send a PDF copy that can be filled in off-line.

Many thanks,

Philippa Ross

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Dr. Jonathan Parkinson
Principal Consultant – Water and Sanitation
IMC Worldwide Ltd, Redhill, United Kingdom
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds