New lead of working group 4: Charles Niwagaba, new ideas for WG 4

Page selection:
  • secretariat
    Topic Author
  • SuSanA secretariat currently allocates 2 full time person equivalents of time from members of GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Team: Arne Panesar, Alexandra Dubois, Maren Heuvels, Teresa Häberlein, Daphne Manolakos and Bettina-Sophie Heinz.

Re: New lead of working group 4: Charles Niwagaba, new ideas for WG 4

And a further reply from Charles to Christine and the WG 4:
++++++++++++++++++

Dear Christine,

Thanks very much again. I have checked the website that you provided. But it was not in english. I did not immediately find how to change the language in that site - is that option there, or do you have a page that is in english. Of course I saw the pictures, which are excellent.

I am also particularly excite about your communication that from your IWRM programme in Morocco, you may contribute some experiences and documentation on rural ecosan: Bathrooms with UDDT, Constructed wetlands and biogas systems. That will be very great, and an extremely important imput into the revision of the fact sheets from your side. As you may already know, I think that the fact sheet is a bit short of specific description of the different types of technologies and we need to update it to reflect that. Therefore, I will be glad to receive information from your side that has the following specific details:
Type of project, project period, project scale, Address of the project location, planning institution, executing institution, supporting institution, Objectives, Technical description of the system, design information, For how many users, what was the cost of the system, if you have any pictures or drawings, bills of quantities if any. I will also be very happy if you may wish to connect me to the specific person who will be handling it, and if it is yourself, that is okey and we can then begin to work together on it.

Sincerely,

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Charles B. Niwagaba, PhD
Lecturer & Head of Department (Ag),
Civil & Environmental Engineering
College of Engineering, Design, Art and Technology
Makerere University
Posted by a member of the SuSanA secretariat held by the GIZ Sector Program Water Policy – Innovations for Resilience
Located at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Bonn, Germany
Follow us on facebook: www.facebook.com/susana.org, linkedin: www.linkedin.com/company/sustainable-sanitation-alliance-susana and twitter: twitter.com/susana_org

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • secretariat
    Topic Author
  • SuSanA secretariat currently allocates 2 full time person equivalents of time from members of GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Team: Arne Panesar, Alexandra Dubois, Maren Heuvels, Teresa Häberlein, Daphne Manolakos and Bettina-Sophie Heinz.

Re: New lead of working group 4: Charles Niwagaba, new ideas for WG 4

This was a reply by Christian Rieck from GIZ (via the mailing list):
+++++++++

Dear Charles,
First of all thank you for taking the lead of WG4. I wanted to express my full support to focus on faecal sludge management (FSM) that I find one the major gaps in sanitation provision in urban areas. We as SuSanA should be in the forefront to tackle this issue and document, summarise and engage in coordinated efforts.

We have had some discussions on FSM on the forum and surely also in other occasions. See here
forum.susana.org/forum/categories/53-faecal-sludge-management

Also WG9 on sanitation as a business has touched on this issue.
forum.susana.org/forum/categories/62-wg-...tation-as-a-business

Best regards,
Christian

+++++++++++
And this was a reply by Christine Werner:
+++++++++++++

Dear Charles,
Congratulations, I hope you will continue to do this job as well as Chris did it.

From our IWRM programme in Morocco, we may contribute some experiences and documentation on rural ecosan
• Bathrooms with UDDT
• Constructed wetlands
• Biogas systems
You may find some of our informations on our website www.agire-maroc.org/menu-principal/activ...ah-juillet-2011.html
In addition, we are currently establishing a photodocumentation oft he construction works and construction and operation manuals for these types of sanitation systems.

Salutations cordiales

Christine Werner
Conseillère Technique Principale

Programme d’Appui à la Gestion Intégrée des Ressources en Eau - AGIRE
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH

B.P. 433, 10001 Rabat / Maroc

c/o Ministère de l'Energie, des Mines, de l'Eau et de l'Environnement, Département de l'Eau

Rabat - Agdal, Rue Hassan Benchekroun, Bureau n° 229
Posted by a member of the SuSanA secretariat held by the GIZ Sector Program Water Policy – Innovations for Resilience
Located at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Bonn, Germany
Follow us on facebook: www.facebook.com/susana.org, linkedin: www.linkedin.com/company/sustainable-sanitation-alliance-susana and twitter: twitter.com/susana_org

• secretariat
    Topic Author

New lead of working group 4: Charles Niwagaba, new ideas for WG 4

I copy here an e-mail which Charles Niwagabe had sent to the WG 4 mailing list last week:
++++++++++++++

Dear Colleague,
As you may have already read, from susana.org/index.php/lang-en/working-groups/wg04, I am your new group leader.

I would like to thank my predecessor Mr. Christian Zurbrugg for the wonderful work done previously to steer the group. I am looking very much forward to working with all of you.

As I read from the website, the group was supposed to deliver fact sheets on Sanitation Technology Options. I would like to request if any of you has the latest update in this regard, so that we can start from the good work that you had already accomplished. I am also proposing that unless members object, otherwise, we can add Faecal sludge management - mainly, to document and summarize, lets say, also in some kind of fact sheet, the management of faecal sludge in a manner that supports reuse in any possible ways.

Once again, I look forward to working with you all and I will be glad if you share any work that you have done previously,

Sincerely,
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Dr. Charles B. Niwagaba, PhD
Lecturer & Head of Department (Ag),
Civil & Environmental Engineering
College of Engineering, Design, Art and Technology
Makerere University
P. O. Box 7062
Kampala, UGANDA
www.mak.ac.ug

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds