Water and sanitation courses at US universities
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Water and sanitation courses at US universities

Water and sanitation courses at US universities 19 Nov 2012 17:02 #2672

• CeciliaRodrigues
  • CONTACT
I recently came across this list of watsan courses offered by US universities at the MIT webportal on water and sanitation (http://web.mit.edu/watsan/courses_uswatercourses.html). The download links are not the most updated, but it can give some directions of where to look for it or who to talk to.

Boston University, Wastewater and Health, Fall '05, Richard Clapp and Laura Orlando

Emory University, Rollins School of Public Health, Water and Sanitation in Developing Countries, Spring '10, Christine Moe

Harvard University, Harvard School of Public Health, Water and Human Well-Being, Fall '09, John Briscoe

Stanford University, Issues in Water, Health & Development, Winter '08, Karen Levy

Stanford University, Water and sanitation infrastructure planning in developing countries, Spring 2009, Jenna Davis

Tufts University, Biology of Water and Health, Fall'09, Jeffrey Griffiths and David Gute

University of North Carolina, Global Water Sanitation & Hygiene, Spring 07, Mark Sobsey

University of Virginia, Water for the World, Jim Smith

and the one offered by the MIT.

Hope it can help somehow!

Best,
Cecília.
MSc in Urban Management
Last Edit: 19 Nov 2012 17:04 by CeciliaRodrigues.
The following user(s) like this post: muench, Doreen

Re: Water and sanitation courses at US universities 20 Nov 2012 10:04 #2676

• wasifbashir15
  • CONTACT
  • Muhammad Wasif Bashir Babar
Respected mam.
hope all the best.
I am student of Sustainable water,sanitation,Health and Development at COMSAT Institute of Information and Technology Abbottabad Campus Pakistan.
i am interested in doing and completing the courses which had told on susana website.please send me more information about it. are they offering in 2013-2014?
is there any scholarship available for this course?
duration of this course?
please send me some solid information about it.
awaiting for your soonest response
Regards

Wasif Bashir Babar
i am a student of Sustainable Water,Sanitation,Health and Development at Comsat Institute of Info& Technology Abbottabad KPK Pakistan.

Re: Water and sanitation courses at US universities 20 Nov 2012 10:31 #2677

• CeciliaRodrigues
  • CONTACT
Dear Wasif,

I don't have further information on that. Please try to get in contact directly with the universities and professors.

Regards,
Cecília.
MSc in Urban Management

Re: Water and sanitation courses at US universities 20 Nov 2012 19:11 #2681

• smecca
  • CONTACT
  • It is said that you are what you think about every day; if that's the case, then I am a toilet!
Cecelia:
Colleges and universities will often deal with WATSAN in courses that bear titles involving Global Health. One such course at Providence College taught by a colleague in Global Studies has a major unit on water and sanitation. I recently did a session on the work of toilet group in the department of Engineering-Physics-Systems at PC in WATSAN. You might have to enlarge the search terms to find courses dealing with WATSAN. Thanks for the post.
..Steve

Stephen Mecca
Professor, Dept. Engineering-Physics-Systems
Providence College
Project Director, Ghana Sustainable Aid Project
Stephen Mecca, Ph.D.
Professor
Department Engineering-Physics-Systems
S-Lab
Providence College
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Visiting Scholar
Department of Computer Engineering
Faculty of Engineering Science
University of Ghana

Project coordinator at Ghana Sustainable Aid Project:
www.ghanasustainableaid.org/
Last Edit: 21 Nov 2012 14:32 by smecca. Reason: Neglected identifying myself
The following user(s) like this post: muench, CeciliaRodrigues

Re: Water and sanitation courses at US universities 21 Nov 2012 12:47 #2688

• wasifbashir15
  • CONTACT
  • Muhammad Wasif Bashir Babar
if there is any opportunity of such as courses please let me inform .
i am interesting to have a sound knowledge about WATSAN,
i am a student of Sustainable Water,Sanitation,Health and Development at Comsat Institute of Info& Technology Abbottabad KPK Pakistan.

Re: Water and sanitation courses at US universities 21 Nov 2012 16:27 #2693

• pwops
  • CONTACT
Dear smecca

Thanks for the information sharing.
This is Fida, National Coordinator (Pakistan Water Operatiors Partnership-PWOPs). Can you please elaborate pre-requisites of the subject title. Also, fee, duration, sponsored or not etc.

Further, can you please share the funding opportunity if any

Regards,

Fida Hussain
Last Edit: 21 Nov 2012 21:58 by muench.

Re: Water and sanitation courses at US universities 14 Aug 2013 23:40 #5304

• FrancisdelosReyes
  • CONTACT
  • I am a professor and environmental engineer at NC State University, USA. I am interested in wastewater treatment, WASH, microbial ecology.
Hello,
Just to add to the previous listing...

At North Carolina State University, we had a course on Water and Sanitation for Developing Regions in Fall 2011 (CE 497/596). The course will be offered again as CE 397 in Spring 2014. However, it is an on-campus class (you have to be on campus to take it). Hopefully in a few years, it can be offered as a distance class (can be accessed remotely).

Francis
Francis de los Reyes III
Professor/TED Fellow
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds