• Page:

TOPIC: Toilet attractiveness 2.0

Toilet attractiveness 2.0 09 Jan 2013 11:39 #3062

• jkeichholz
  • This button allows you to contact another forum user directly by sending a private message.
Maybe a bit off-topic, but still toilet-related: the German IT magazine t3n recently took this snapshot at CES in Las Vegas (Consumer Electronics Show):

src: plus.google.com/101559871572415719072/posts/TXpuqcXccLx

...which is a toddler's toilet/potty seat with an integrated iPad. It may not be what we are looking for when it comes to improved sanitation, but hey: all I see is a bucket toilet with internet access and other entertainment.

(Clotaire Rapaille's reptilian brain aka "train them while they are young", ftw!)

Edit: Gizmodo has more gizmodo.com/5974576/potty-trainings-way-...tracted-with-an-ipad
Juergen Eichholz
watsan eng.
water, sanitation, IT & knowledge management
www.saniblog.org
Last Edit: 09 Jan 2013 22:21 by jkeichholz.

Re: Toilet attractiveness 2.0 10 Jan 2013 11:00 #3065

• emmanuel
  • This button allows you to contact another forum user directly by sending a private message.
Thank you for that picture,

I think it is not off-topic. It is the way we have to think about sustainable sanitation.
We have to try how to make it attractive even if it is a little strange at the beginning. We have to think really differently and this picture is a good vector of this idea.
Very interesting

Emmanuel Morin
Ecodomeo
Emanuel Morin
Ecodomeo - France
www.ecodomeo.com

Re: Toilet attractiveness 2.0 11 Jan 2013 05:04 #3066

• jkeichholz
Mashable has another pic:

src: mashable.com/2013/01/10/ipotty/

+ Wired UK: www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-01/09/ipad-toilet

The Apple iPad certainly only serves as an example and can be replaced by a book or something else, but I like how toilets for toddlers are being upgraded with something that will add value to the toilet visit. An experience for toddlers that will hopefully improve their perception of toilets.

I am still asking myself why people in Japan spend up to 3000 EUR on a washlet toilet while others only use the next available low-budget option. My guess is that it's related to their culture and childhood experiences - and that green plastic cap in the front suggest that the design of this potty seat is from Japan/Taiwan.

@Emmanuel: yes, you are right, we really have to design future toilets differently.
Juergen Eichholz
watsan eng.
water, sanitation, IT & knowledge management
www.saniblog.org
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds

SuSanA has updated its cookie policy. We use cookies and Piwik-Analytics to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites if you visit a page which contains embedded content from social media. Such third party cookies may track your use of the SuSanA websites. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the SuSanA websites. More information