Lists of key documents for newcomers - grouped by Forum category and sub-category level

Page selection:
  • Elisabeth
    Topic Author
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Lists of key documents for newcomers - grouped by Forum category and sub-category level

Dear all,

It has been suggested to us that it would be useful to have short lists of "key documents" or "curated readings" in order to provide newcomers with a quick orientation to the subject.

This is now a process that I have recently started and where I would like to enrol everyone's help to make these into good lists. These lists can obviously be updated regularly, as new important documents become available.

I am thinking to start with, we would limit it to 3-5 documents per list.
In my opinion such a list of key documents could be useful at category level and at sub-category level (and perhaps even at sub-sub category level).

An overview is available here:
forum.susana.org/key-documents

This page is linked to from the forum's menu items at the top where you find it under "Basics" at the very top on the right.

An example for such a list at category level is shown here in the SuSanA library:
www.susana.org/en/resources/library/details/2114

An example at sub-category level will be a post like this which I would set up as a so-called "sticky post" which means it will always be at the top of the sub-category level. For example like this:
forum.susana.org/forum/categories/36-con...nd-infiltration-beds

So you will see me making - over the coming days/weeks - a sticky post for each sub-category which contains the top 3-5 documents to read for this topic.

As I am not an expert in all these categories, I will need your help. Please take a look at my proposals and give me constructive feedback in those threads: i.e. what should be on and what should not be on the list.
I know it's tempting to make it into a long list but this wouldn't help beginners. I think we need to settle on up to five documents only but then tell people where else they can find more information.

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds