Reuse of treated wastewater in Bengaluru, India

Page selection:
  • paresh
    Topic Author
  • Budding WASH researcher, especially interested in governance, public policy, finance, politics and social justice. Architect, Urban & Regional planner by training, Ex. C-WAS, India.I am a patient person :)

Reuse of treated wastewater in Bengaluru, India

Dear All,
Sharing this interesting piece  on Banglaore's KC valley project that treats 440 MLD wastewater which is directed to neighbouring drought prone districts for recharge of groundwater. An assessment by a leading research institute  highlights a tenfold increase in groundwater recharge rates, enhanced groundwater quality, and improved agricultural productivity.

However, a quick search brings to the fore the scepticism of farmers, the key stakeholder in the project. I however, couldn't find how it was overcome. 

Some other issues that I'd like to know more about include:
  • How did the various organisations and stakeholder come together?  I am reminded that the ongoing water crisis in Banagalore is partly because of scattered institutions (see on-going discussion ).
  • What quality control measures are put in place? 
Feel free to engage with these questions as well as share case studies of reuse of treated wastewater.

Regards
paresh
Paresh Chhajed-Picha
Researcher at Indian Institute of Technology - Bombay, India
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Twitter: @Sparsh85
Wikipedia: Sparsh85

Co-moderator of this discussion forum

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds