Which is the best method for correcting the water pH level? - and questions about The Water Network

Page selection:
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Which is the best method for correcting the water pH level? - and questions about The Water Network

Dear Marina and dear all,

I am writing this e-mail in my role as Forum moderator. I am a bit puzzled what to do about your posts. You have now posted four times - each time cross posting something from another forum, The Water Network. This is the first time I have heard about The Water Network. I see you also have a thematic group on WASH within your discussion forum: thewaternetwork.com/_/water-and-sanitation/

I was trying to find out who is behind this network and found this information here (aquaspe.com/about-us):

The Water Network by AquaSPE AG is the leading online knowledge sharing platform and business exchange for global water professionals.

“Aqua Scientia Potentia est” - Water Knowledge is Power.

Join us to solve the world’s water crisis one question and answer at a time.

I also read this:

"AquaSPE staff and consultants provide services to build engaging knowledge sharing communities for the water sector."

I am wondering if the four posts that you have made so far merely serve to draw our attention to this other discussion forum? If that is the case how about rather giving us a detailed introduction about the other forum and we could discuss where we have overlaps or how we could harness synergies? (or perhaps this has already happened and I've missed that introduction?)

Also, I am actually not too sure how far we want to branch out into water treatment questions from this forum (where the focus is sanitation). This is a conversation we've had from time to time - is it good to broaden or is it better to stay focused?

So I am wondering what everyone else things about this and if anyone knows more about the Water Network and can enlighten us?

Finally, if you're serious about looking for answers by using this Forum, Marina, please provide more background to your questions. The way you have worded it for now seems a bit like someone who is looking for free advice rather than a real discussion on pertinent issues. Sorry if I completely got it wrong, but it seems like that for me when you write:

Our reverse ​osmosis water ​has pH level of ​5.4-5.5, would ​it be right to ​add the caustic ​solution to ​enhance pH of ​water to 6.9-7.4? Can we ​use any ​other chemical/​material ​without having ​any health ​problem? ​Please suggest ​some methods for ​correcting our ​water pH level.​

Please also note that you did receive a reply and further questions to one of your other posts here:
forum.susana.org/component/kunena/40-gre...ation-purposes#19185

Could you please get back to Chris if you have an interest in keeping the discussion about greywater reuse alive. Chris said:

This is an important issue, but we need to know more about the situation. What country is it? What is the climate? What crops are being grown?

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • MarinaAndj
    Topic Author
  • User is blocked

Which is the best method for correcting the water pH level? - and questions about The Water Network

We produce ​drinking ​bottle ​water in ​5US gallon poly ​carbonate ​bottles and ​distribute to ​consumers. ​

Our reverse ​osmosis water ​has pH level of ​5.4-5.5, would ​it be right to ​add the caustic ​solution to ​enhance pH of ​water to 6.9-7.4? Can we ​use any ​other chemical/​material ​without having ​any health ​problem? ​Please suggest ​some methods for ​correcting our ​water pH level.​

The question was originally posted here: https://thewaternetwork.com/question-0-y/which-is-the-best-method-for-correcting-water-ph-level-0A27-hjQyh2zvLrdl1Y-zA and additional answers and suggestions are welcome.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds