SuSanA featured on SHHH: The Poopcast

Page selection:
  • ThePuru
    Topic Author
  • Founder and Lead Artist

Re: SuSanA featured on SHHH: The Poopcast

Hi Elisabeth,

Thanks so much for listening, and for writing! To your questions...

It's hard to say whether there might be a better format; I don't get a lot of feedback from followers, though mostly it comes through email or in person. I would love to get more, and be able to generate more public conversations, like on social media. The podcast with Esther has been downloaded 62 times so far, but podcasts are "evergreen" content that's not so time-based. People will continue to download it over the coming months, maybe just 2-3 times. If Esther or her work hits the news, or someone with a big following shares it out, there could be a wave of downloads later.

I am interested in doing shorter episodes, though an hour is a good length for many people/activities. Almost all the SHHH podcasts are edited down somewhat. There may be more that could be cut out. I'm so interested in the conversation, I might not be the best arbiter! I have thought about doing a shorter daily or weekly show that is more topical...the biggest labor is the editing, however, which increases exponentially with more episodes. So no plans to change in the immediate future, but I'm open to suggestions, partnerships, etc.

Let me know if there are any other questions I can help with :) Wishing you all the best!

Shawn
The following user(s) like this post: Carol McCreary

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: SuSanA featured on SHHH: The Poopcast

Dear Shaun,

Thanks for doing this podcast with Esther from our SuSanA network (Oxfam). Very nice job!
It's quite long (1 hour), do you find this format works well with your target audience? Do you get high click rates? Do you get feedback from your followers how they liked this podcast? I am curious!

(Edit: Oh and at 23:30 minutes you start talking with Esther about our Wikipedia work which I really enjoyed as I feel very passionate about SuSanA's potential contributions to the accuracy, scope and readability of many Wikipedia articles. So thanks for that.)

Looking forward to hearing more about your work.

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• ThePuru
    Topic Author
  • Founder and Lead Artist

SuSanA featured on SHHH: The Poopcast

Hello friends!

SHHH: The Poopcast (aka Sh*t and Shame with Shawn) is a monthly podcast that has been bringing a wide spectrum of sanitation themes to the broader public since 2015. Hosted by me, The Puru and founder of The POOP Project, I spend each episode in conversation with a guest.

We've featured international WASH professionals like Sasha Kramer from SOIL , Finding Impact's Andy Narracott , or scholar Raul Pacheco-Vega to name a few. I also talk with experts in related fields, like Squatty Potty CEO Bobby Edwards , London Loo Tours founder Rachel Cole-Wilkins (nee Erickson) , or a discussion on fossilized poo (coprolites) with paleontologist Carl Mehling from the American Museum of Natural History .

It gives me great pleasure to announce that our latest podcast episode features the smart, charismatic and often hilarious Esther Shaylor in a conversation all about SuSanA , and how technology is helping to change the way sanitation professionals operate. Please give it a listen, share your thoughts, and share with those who might benefit from hearing. In addition to explaining SuSanA to those outside the field, I hope that this episode can be a conversation starter for us all - how might we better utilize SuSanA for improving our practices, and what technologies can we dream up that will help us well into the future?

You can stream or download the episode (and many more) here: poopcast.libsyn.com/

Or subscribe on iTunes to have each episode delivered straight to you: itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/shhh-the-poo...h-shawn/id1039659274

For more information about The POOP Project and our activities, check out our website (www.thePOOPproject.org) , or the most recent newsletter featuring upcoming engagements in the San Francisco Bay area.

Thanks so much! Wishing you all love, joy and peaceful pooping :)

Shawn
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) like this post: JKMakowka

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds