Where to buy UDDT sitting toilet

Page selection:
  • canaday
  • A biologist working toward sustainability

Re: Where to buy UDDT sitting toilet

Hi Tore,

Don't hesitate to build UDDTs yourself, without anything from specialized factories, as you can see on my blog, inodoroseco.blogspot.com . Another option is to build benches and place this sort of insert into them: arrebolperu.com/detalleprod2.php . This greatly reduces the cost of manufacture and shipping. Benches also allow for better ventilation and eliminates almost entirely the problem of internal soiling. Ferrocement is a good material for the bench and I can coach you on that.

Also, on your webpage, I recommend you cite Feachem on that graph and maybe try to find newer sources.

Best wishes,
Chris Canaday
Conservation Biologist and EcoSan Promoter
Omaere Ethnobotanical Park
Puyo, Pastaza, Ecuador, South America
inodoroseco.blogspot.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Ecowaters

I assume you mean a urine-diverting toilet stool to use with a composting system or drying system. (Remember that dried contents, even with lime, can rehydrate with pathogens intact. Shown in a CSIRO study.)

Sarar-T and another Mexican program are not focused much on commercial production so they often balk at making and shipping toilets when you want them.

Sun-Mar makes waterless toilet stools but not urine diverting. However, we sold some to a customer who then wanted urine diversion, so we sold him some urine diverters to pop in at his risk. With trimming, he was able to do that.

The best is the EcoDry, made of porcelain. However, the ceramic and the shipping mean it is not cheap.

There are products out there that can be adapted.

+++++++
Note by moderator: The discussion moved towards treatment issues and continued in this new thread: forum.susana.org/technologies-for-treatm...-products-from-uddts
Book writer, researcher, workshop presenter, eco-toilet vendor, market transformer

carol-steinfeld.com (personal)
www.ecotoilets.org (soon)
ecotechproducts.net

• KaiMikkel
  • Toilet Activist

I would suggest that you contact Sarar-T . They are located just outside Cuernavaca and are one of the best resources that you'll find in the entire country of Mexico.

Buena Suerte! :)
Kai Mikkel Førlie

Founding Member of Water-Wise Vermont (formerly Vermonters Against Toxic Sludge)

• Tore
    Topic Author
  • worked in sanitation for most of my life. taught plumbing. have plumbing and builders license, certified inspector in all facets of construction, PhD in public administration & have taught construction management in university, traveled numerous countries, Interest UDDT and sanitation & clean water

Thank you Dorothee. The catalogues showing where to buy that von Muench had compiled were great. Hopefully the Mexican manufacturers are still in business. Hopefully someone can updated it since it was published in 2011.
Sanitation & water consultant in developing countries
The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth

• commanderzero41
  • Dr. James R. Mihelcic is Professor of Civil and Environ Engrg and Director of the Engineering for International Development Engineering at the University of South Florida (Tampa). He co-edited the sanitation technology chapters of the Global Water Pathogen Project and is lead author for Field Guide to Environ Engrg for Development Workers

i have a working product from this company that i am quite happy with.
sun-mar.com/

James Mihelcic, University of South Florida

• dorothee.spuhler
  • Developing methods and tools to support strategic planning for sustainable sanitation. Particular interested in novel technologies contributing to more inclusive and circular sanitation. Co-Lead of WG1

Hi Tore

You could to contact the people behind these projects (as they work with UDDTs in you hemisphere);
forum.susana.org/uddts-for-particular-si...ther-countries#18162
forum.susana.org/253-mobile-toilets-cont...g-in-lima-peru#13588
There was once a supplier list and part of it can be found at the end of this document :
www.susana.org/en/knowledge-hub/resource.../library/details/874
The supplier lists are in the appendix which all three can be found here:
www.susana.org/en/knowledge-hub/resource...earch=urine+appendix
It is a bit outdated but the best that I have at hand right now...

Cheers, Dorothee
WG1 Co-lead
Developing methods and tools to support strategic planning for sustainable sanitation. Particular interested in novel technologies contributing to more inclusive and circular sanitation. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth

• bowenarrow

My manufacturing factory is in Vietnam. The cost of transport within that hemisphere as well as the southern, is the killer. Because the demand for Composting Pedestals is small the manufacturing is by hand, and to avoid high tooling costs Fibreglass is the most cost effective method to obtain the sanitary finish that is demanded. There are well documented methods to make pedestals in concrete and clay which is OK for individuals but when there is a need for constant supply a better finish is required.
Regards Ross
The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth, dorothee.spuhler, samshancn

• Tore
    Topic Author
  • worked in sanitation for most of my life. taught plumbing. have plumbing and builders license, certified inspector in all facets of construction, PhD in public administration & have taught construction management in university, traveled numerous countries, Interest UDDT and sanitation & clean water

Thanks for the response. It hurts when you think the toilet will cost more than the entire UDDT. How many units does it take to make it worthwhile to open a sub plant in this hemisphere?

• bowenarrow

Hi Tore.
I manufacture UDDT (sitting) in Vietnam and could send direct from the Factory probably cost in the region of $350-400 USD including Post. Mostly mine are imported back to Australia but I have sent individual items direct to Ireland , Canada , France and Germany in the past. They are Glassfibre not Plastic and are therefore a little more expensive. You could have a look on my website bowenarrow.co to see what is available.
Cheers Ross
The following user(s) like this post: samshancn

• Tore
    Topic Author

Where to buy UDDT sitting toilet

Where can I buy a sitting UDDT toilet in either the US or Mexico?
Is there a list of manufacturers worldwide for both sitting and squatting UDDT's.

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds